You better shape up

By anonymous - 18/07/2012 04:02 - United States - Silverdale

Today, I auditioned for the role of Rizzo in a local production of Grease. The director told me I wasn't tough enough, and that my persona too sweet and childlike for the part. I asked if I should instead try out to play Sandy. He replied, "I was being nice. Honestly, you're ugly and can't act." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 082
You deserved it 4 730

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you seriously enjoy acting, don't let this completely discourage you. There's always a role for every persona, eventually. Keep working at it!

Did you inform him that he should audition for biggest jackass after? I sure hope so.

Comments

Well, he may be a douche, but it's his responsibility to make a nice show that will sell a lot of tickets. And, believe it or not, he will sell a lot more tickets if his roleplayers are as pretty and as good in acting as possible.

Pretty much the way you said it. Not to mention performing can be brutal with criticism. Whether the director was correct or not in his assessment of you doesn't mean you shouldn't grow a thicker skin if it's something you choose to pursue. We can all improve in our areas of career choice, so keep working at it and you can do whatever you want in life. Don't let it get you down, use it as inspiration to improve.

Deannie88 6

Keep your head up OP! That's one opinion out of many if you're wanting to pursue that dream. He might of just been an ass.

Don't feel bad. If the guy was that big of a dick in auditions, he's probably even worse to work with.

perdix 29

Maybe you can try out for the role of Greased Lightning? You won't have a speaking part, but they sing a song about you. What young lady wouldn't want to be known as a "pussy wagon?"

Greased lightning? That sounds way better than grease lightning:D

It actually is Greased Lightning. The song they're singing is about a car, and it's as fast as Greased Lightning. Correct me if I'm wrong?

sing_it_out 3

I played sandy in my musical. It sucked!! The only good part was when I made out with danny at the end. And its a middle school production;)

whatsup215 0

Pft, when I played Sandy, Danny and I did more than just kiss ... We um .... well you get the point ;) and that was last night not in middle school.

You're not meant to comment to tell everyone your life stories.

You should have told him that you were only acting ugly, and you were only acting like you couldn't act. Then he would have understand your brilliance.

lelo007 11

I'm sure Doc meant, "Then he would have TO understand your brilliance." I'm pretty positive "understanded" is not a word, and if you were looking to correct him, the correct word would have been "understood."

lelo007 11

Idiot, sir, I am not. So I misunderstood your sarcasm. I guess that's what I get for not constantly being on FML and being a part of the "in-crowd." I guess I should go find my box now, I'm sure the guy who left me behind is missing me by now.

I'm sure someone must have hacked my account to make such a horrible mistake. Either that or I was really tired. Or I hadn't had my coffee yet. Or my cousin stole my iPhone. Or autocorrect. And my dog ate my homework. *sigh* Thanks for pointing out my glaring error, Baustigt. I'll try to be more vigilant, understandood?

Have you tried acting lessons? I will say that if you have intentions of making a career from acting, your chances of making it are slim. I am not trying to put you down either.

perdix 29

Aw, I'll be your friend . . . and director. I'm putting on a community theatre production of "Waiting for Godot" and am offering you the title role, (for a few hand jobs of course, hey, you gotta do what you gotta do in show biz.)

I don't believe you! I've seen too many "Fake Agents" on the **** station to trust you being a "legit" director! Dreams of stardom with those hand held cameras, my ass!

Hey, if you agree to be in a video like that, chances are your ass will be the star!

perdix 29

#42, **** IS show biz. They have their own awards show. As you can imagine, the statuette they hand out to the winners is useful and sometimes appears in future films ;)

lelo007 11

Damn, if it were a paying role you were offering, I'd totally "audition." ;-)

unknown_user5566 26

So 108, you'll only audition if you are monetarily reimbursed for the role? According to Perdix's requirements, that would constitute a form of prosititution. ;)

lelo007 11

But I'll still be a star, right?! Good night, I guess I made a lame joke... Crawling back into my hole now.

chefomon 2