You asshat

By Natalie - 14/07/2012 16:46 - United States - Odessa

Today, my father, who's never played much part in my life, told me how proud he is of me. I choked back tears, and we hugged for the first time in years. Later, I choked back my rage when I saw he'd opened my mail and obviously planned on leeching my new-found SSI money off me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 047
You deserved it 2 236

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"daughter, as long as you can shower me in money I'll love you, but once that stops, so does my love for you" what a jerk

Comments

Wow. That's almost as bad as someone leeching off the federal government.

If you're legally an adult and your father isn't your representative payee (a person who successfully applied to receive money on someone's behalf because he/she cannot manage their own money), he is not legally *ALLOWED* to cash your check. Unless his name is on the Treasury check, he cannot endorse & then cash the check; only you (or if you have a payee) can. So if there's any evidence of someone else's check endorsement or mail tampering (opening other people's mail), that's criminal activity. Report any check issues to Social Security Administration; you can go in person or call your local field office. If you haven't already, I would open a direct deposit account to have the money electronically sent to you.

Good ol' Dad, trying to mooch your mooched money. The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree!

If he wasn't there with you when you needed him, he has no right to be proud of you. You succeeded in life not because of him, but despite him. FYL

Lovingrose15 0

What an ass! Im sorry OP :( kick him where the sun dont sjine. Thatll teach him

I don't know the situation. Is it possible that he is genuinely proud of you though? He might not say it but maybe he feels ashamed and embarrassed because you have coped with things so much better than him?

KiddNYC1O 20

Dead beat dads swear they belong.

You're on welfare, and accusing your DAD of being a leech??? LOL!

Vkins 9

You're probably one of those people that are thinking that the USA will go bankrupt because of universal healthcare...

Google SSI. You might be surprised at how wrong your comment is.

rocker_chick23 27

SSI is for people who are disabled or are 65+. It's not welfare, dumbass.

I get SSI, I got denied 4 times before I appealed it, got a lawyer and went before a judge, and after he heard everything, he approved it! The people who fake an illness or a disability in order to get SSI, makes it hard for those who actually need it!

That cheeky bugger wants to be selfish and hog all the CSI to himself huh? And for reason I think somethings wrong my comment?