By thankssiren - 24/05/2014 20:44 - United Kingdom - Sandiacre

Today, my friend started his first day of work with me. I thought it'd be fun, but he's been putting on an obnoxious fake French accent and saying "merde" whenever anything goes wrong. Half the women at the office want his dick, and I'm still as single as ever. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 420
You deserved it 5 991

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe you could try to get a video of him talking in his normal accent and show it to your coworkers.

It's better to be single and true to yourself than a person faking being a Frenchie...

Comments

Maybe you could try to get a video of him talking in his normal accent and show it to your coworkers.

Ihavegas 22

don't be hater, yeah he's fake but he will slip up eventually. who knows he might set you up aswell.

why ruin a friendship plus the coworkers might think the way he normally talks is an accent

It's better to be single and true to yourself than a person faking being a Frenchie...

Nothing worse than Frenchies. Their flag should be White they wave it so much.

Hard to be real in desperate times. Stay real

\ 28

If the women fall for him simply because he speaks with a fake French accent, I doubt they're safe to screw.

I doubt the accent is the only reason they like him. he's probably good looking, or charming or something.

No it's probably just the accent. I used to do it when I was stationed in Hawaii. I do a passable Irish accent and it got me laid plenty of times all by itself. I dunno why but a lot of women just go crazy for accents.

Sooooo, #59, are you admitting you're not handsome/funny/smart/charming/whatever? Just the fake accent? Well, that's... nice for you, I guess.

ztress 10

I mean if it bothers you that much you could call his bullshit... Honestly is probably more than just the accent though.

You know... cuz everything's bigger. ;)

when you're a n*gger. It rhymed so I had to say it.

cartoonboy 26

The stars at night are big and bright Deep in the heart of Texas ...but I think Pee Wee is still looking for the basement.

tequila! now I've got the face of mad Maude or marge or whatever her name was stuck in my head. that was creepy.

yzzami 17

Should he say "spy 'round here" as well?

josh7279 7

Don't be THAT friend and ruin your friend from getting some ass.

Always be that friend when your friend is being stupid and fake.

I wouldn't say that sucks for you, but that's good for your friend. Maybe you're just a little jelly.

What's there to be jelly of? I mean, his "friend" is only a fake accent (based on information given in the post). If all it takes is the accent, then that's a woman I'd avoid. I might be sick and tired of being single, heck I'd rather remain alone rather than get some because of an accent. It's low, sick low, the one and only flag you'd get for it would be "player" that is if your aim was to get some, which it sounds to be.

Is it the accent that bothers you, or the fact that the girls are attracted to him?

Probably both. maybe the girls are all over him because of the accent? and the fact that its fake makes the situation all that much more frustrating

I don't know, OP. Maybe your friend, apart from faking a French accent is funny, smart and nice. And you're just a whiner. Could explain the "single" part.

don't worry about OP he's new so the women just see him as fresh meat I'm sure they will get over quickly and I think eventually he will slip up on the accent.