Work it

By fatty - 07/09/2019 20:00

Today, after a full year of vigorous exercise 7 days a week, and a strict diet of vegetables, fruits, and water, I can proudly say that I've lost half a pound. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 714
You deserved it 351

Same thing different taste

Top comments

vigorous exercise? what kind? depending on what you were doing, weights for instance, versus aerobics and calisthenics, you could have lost body fat and gained muscle mass. since the latter is about 2x the density of the former, you would lose overall size, but not necessarily weight. The phenomenon is also possible with the aerobics and calisthenics, but not as likely.

I had this exact same issue a while back. It turned out I have an autoimmune disorder that gives me hypothyroidism. I would say go to your doctor and get checked out.

Comments

how is it possible? I did it for 2 months lost around 15 pounds.

silvermoon5033 26

Congrats to you on your 15 pounds. Clearly his being a different person with a unique body and chemistry that, while composed of the same elements and compounds, is still fundamentally different from yours in that it's not you, went over your head though. Translation: What worked for you will not work for everyone.

vigorous exercise? what kind? depending on what you were doing, weights for instance, versus aerobics and calisthenics, you could have lost body fat and gained muscle mass. since the latter is about 2x the density of the former, you would lose overall size, but not necessarily weight. The phenomenon is also possible with the aerobics and calisthenics, but not as likely.

This is probably what happened. I've been going at it a few months and while I do look better on the scale I have lost no weight. The scale is a bad way to gauge the healthyness. The ones that give you muscle and fat percentage are better.

I had this exact same issue a while back. It turned out I have an autoimmune disorder that gives me hypothyroidism. I would say go to your doctor and get checked out.

Same. Getting my thyroid under control allowed me to lose 50lbs.

Autoimmune and thyroid issues. But now I’m having the opposite issue and it’s not from thyroid. Neuro issue is making it so I can’t eat. No appetite. Throw everything up. Can’t stop losing. Doctors all next week to get the bleeding to stop. Then I’ll worry about getting it back. Agent Orange. The gift that keeps giving. I also couldn’t lose because of medications I was on at one time. Switched to MMJ and it started melting off. Was back to target weight until head injuries kicked my neuro issue into overdrive.

On the bright side, your body is still in better health than it was a year ago! :-)

Muscles are heavier than fat, so it may not be that bad. Unless you consider fries vegetables :)

Of course you haven't lost weight, you have under eaten and most likely malnutrition, if you body doesnt get what needs to build muscles you get none, instead your body goes starvation mode and you wont lose anything.

Suaria 38

I'm guessing you probably gained in muscle mass. That's generally heavier than fat.

Vigorous exercise 7 days a week for a year? Your body needs breaks to repair itself. Your exercise and eating patterns are unhealthy.

But how much fat has been burned and muscle developed? You may be the same weight and still be slimmer.