What a cult

By not the same thing! - 12/10/2021 08:00 - United States

Today, I had an argument with my husband. I’m a stay at home with a 6, 3 and one year-old. He insisted that we homeschool, so I literally never get a break. When I told him I need people to talk to, he replied, "Why? You talk to the kids all day!” God forbid I should interact with other adults. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 283
You deserved it 174

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why did you accept that? Homeschooling is usually a bad idea and is the #1 cause of America's decline.

when he starts going through your phone to see who you've been talking to, it'll be too late. run away NOW

Comments

Why did you accept that? Homeschooling is usually a bad idea and is the #1 cause of America's decline.

Yeah, there's a good reason why you need a special teaching qualification and often a master's degree or equivalent in many countries to teach kids, even elementary school kids. You need to have excellent pedagogic and child-handling skills, very good writing skills (grammar and spelling), and have a rather solid knowledge of pretty much everything else (especially basic history, geography, biology, physics, chemistry, and nowadays how to use a computer). Never mind the fact most people are mathematically illiterate and complete unable to teach basic operations. Plus, you'd have to teach a three different levels simultaneously, meaning you'd go either way too fast for the youngest, or way to slow for the eldest. And there's a solid chance your kids will not see you as a valid authority figure when it comes to dispensing academic knowledge. Even if they do, they'll likely be wrong, as you likely didn't throw away years of academic studies just to end spending your day cleaning after the dumbass you call your husband and washing his skid marks on his undies. So, yeah, for the love of everything, including your own kids, DON'T HOMESCHOOL!

when he starts going through your phone to see who you've been talking to, it'll be too late. run away NOW

george1986 7

DIVORCE! joint custody you will have time problem solved. He obviously doesn't care how you feel.

I'm a teacher and I wouldn't homeschool kids.

justwanttobesocial...butalsonot 9

That is inhumane and sounds like you're treated as a slave. Definitely recommend therapy and maybe getting out of there if you can