What a tool

By Anonymous - 02/07/2020 17:01

Today, my husband told me he didn't want me to get power tools to build things, because he thinks a miter saw and a sanding orbiter are more dangerous than guns. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 317
You deserved it 161

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tounces7 27

Well when we're talking about a powered Miter saw, he's not entirely wrong, those things can take your finger or even your arm off in half a second, where as most home-defense guns will likely stay locked up the majority of the time in the possession of any half-way responsible owner. That being said, that isn't a valid reason for you not to get them, if want to build and fix things, by all means you should be able to do so, you're an adult and capable of making those decisions for yourself.

thatkorean 5

I had a cousin lose her hand due to an accident with a miter saw. I can see his concern being valid.

Comments

tounces7 27

Well when we're talking about a powered Miter saw, he's not entirely wrong, those things can take your finger or even your arm off in half a second, where as most home-defense guns will likely stay locked up the majority of the time in the possession of any half-way responsible owner. That being said, that isn't a valid reason for you not to get them, if want to build and fix things, by all means you should be able to do so, you're an adult and capable of making those decisions for yourself.

ChristopherL98 3

With your mentality, humanity would still be living in caves. Power tools are not dangerous at all if you have common sense.

Sady_Ct 37

Are you sure it’s not because he is jealous that you have more tools than he does? Is he feeling emasculated because of his lack of willingness to step up and get shit fixed and sorted?

thatkorean 5

I had a cousin lose her hand due to an accident with a miter saw. I can see his concern being valid.

Did you see "Apollo 13?" Orbiters can be very dangerous! Houston, we have a problem.

Time to join a power tool library. Yes, they exist. If there are none in your area, it's easy to create one.

Over 400,000 power tool injuries per year that are reported. There are very few accidental injuries from guns every year.

ChristopherL98 3

A lot of idiots who don't have common sense. I really fear for the future with all these people wanting to be a little princess. Males in particular; younger generations of males are more interested in dancing and doing their makeup and nails on Tiktok than doing anything somewhat creative.

"dancing and doing their makeup and nails on Tiktok than doing anything somewhat creative. " Your statement contradicts itself. Dancing, Make-up, and doing ones nails are all things people use to express their creativity. Your problem is that you don't approve of their choice of creative outlet. Don't be a close minded asshole. Let people like the things they like and express themselves how they want to express themselves without clucking your tongue and telling them they are doing it incorrectly based on your standards.

"Anything can be a weapon in the hands of a true warrior." - Master Splinter I'd say they're actually more dangerous, unless you're a putz who dicks around with guns because they think it's "cool". Tell your husband you'll be as careful as possible. And keep your kids away from them, if you have them. Kids are idiots.

Power tools are more dangerous than guns...

bloopaloop 27

Is (s)he really afraid of guns? What a loser.