By thedudeman14 - 05/11/2014 22:21 - United States - Deer Park

Today, my phone died while I was on the phone with my girlfriend. When I finally got a charger, I saw a text message from her. I'm now single. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 442
You deserved it 3 174

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well if she is going to break up with you over something so small and irrelevant, I'd say it's a good thing to rid of her now versus a year or two down the road. Sounds like she needs to grow up and trust you.

good riddance i say, if the fact that your phone died was the only reason. or maybe you're just an asshole. who knows.

Comments

goldenscorpion_fml 15

I guess you could say she hung up on you.

For some reason when I first looked at this FML I read the first sentence as 'Today, my girlfriend died while I was on the phone with her'... >_

good riddance i say, if the fact that your phone died was the only reason. or maybe you're just an asshole. who knows.

Just tell he what happened she will understand

Why is it that anytime there's an FML about a girl doing something stupid and/or rude to a guy people always try to blame the guy or ask what he did to deserve it?

Or maybe they were in the middle of a very touchy/important conversation and the gf felt really insulted when she thought bf hung up? At the point she probably wasn't aware it was an accident.

#39, oh, what a terrible burden that must be.

This sounds like a middle school relationship to me.

When that kind of mentality causes male victims of rape and domestic abuse to stay silent and never seek help for their problems because they know people will just laugh at them and say "men can't be raped" or "man up", yeah, it kinda is a burden.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
BBlah 26

I don't know if I'd even bother doing that to be honest, if she broke up with him over something as small as that, it's not worth it, OP's better off :/

she is not customer care to whom you can send screenshot for proof..its his girl friend...

Yeah honestly in my experience if someone breaks up with you over something really small it usually because they have been thinking about it for a while and needed a reason.

did you at least explain to her why you "hung up?" She might have assumed you were being the jerk.

It doesn't say that's why she broke up with him. Maybe she was going to break up with him when his phone died so she just text dumped him. It's still a crappy thing to do but not necessarily cause and effect.

I suppose so, since we don't have details as to what the phone call was about, it's hard to tell.

Well if she is going to break up with you over something so small and irrelevant, I'd say it's a good thing to rid of her now versus a year or two down the road. Sounds like she needs to grow up and trust you.

addictedtoIASIP 14

She's being overdramatic. If you told her what happened and she still breaks up with you, she's just not worth it then

Sounds like she either freaked out over a little thing, or she was planning on doing it anyway. Sorry, OP. Either way, good riddance.

lowkeybelieber 7

Sorry OP, looks like she wasn't the right one anyway. Good thing that this happened now rather than later down the line

GamerPerson 19

If she's going to end the relationship for something so childish, she doesn't need to be in A relationship. So, don't think of it as a FYL, OP, but rather a signal to you that she just isn't the one.

Rather a.... What!? I hate people that don't finish their

If she's going to break up with you over something like a phone running out of battery then your better off without her