By vivelesvacances - 21/03/2012 11:07 - Niger

Today, I came back from my long-awaited vacation in a southern country. No tanning marks to show for it, but I do have 176 mosquito bites. FML
I agree, your life sucks 574
You deserved it 84

Top comments

Attacksloth 33

Here I am thinking how much time it must've taken to count 176 bumps all over your body.

OMG, and I thought the 17 I had was bad! Remember OP, oatmeal baths are your friend.

Comments

OMG, and I thought the 17 I had was bad! Remember OP, oatmeal baths are your friend.

Attacksloth 33

Here I am thinking how much time it must've taken to count 176 bumps all over your body.

When you feel really itchy sometimes you really get the temptation to count... I live in an area with lots of mosquitoes and when I was little, I would actually count what I've got on a bad day. (Not that I've ever got past 30-or-so, but still...)

When I was little I stayed at my aunts house for a weekend, and it was kinda woodsy around her house at the time (its all suburbs now). Me and my cousins were out in the back playing pioneers vs indians, then I got captured and was pretend tied to a tree. I was standing there for maybe 15 minutes swatting bugs away from my legs and arms, and I start getting really itchy. We go inside and my arms and legs are completely red and swollen. The next day, in the 10 minutes that my cousin was in the shower, I decided to count my bug bites while putting on lotion... ~250 all over my legs and arms..

Hope you had fun and maybe for your next trip you should invest in some mosquito repellent.

I don't think they had very much fun. They spent their whole vacation inside counting mosquito bites..

How did you count the ones on your back ?

Did you have bug spray on the trip?

Bug Repellent spray is your best friend if you go to hot countries. 176 though? I commend you for actually taking the time to count every last one.

Mosquitos don't attack us southerners. We let them attack the tourists though.

Southern country, not American south. OP is posting from Niger.

And I thought 4 were bad enough! 176 is a bit extreme!