Wars of the Stars

By Sarge9774 - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff

Today, I found out that my uncle does not like my step-daughter because she likes Star Wars. He stated that Star Trek was better, and went on to verbally attack a 6-year-old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 084
You deserved it 838

Top comments

He needs to grow up and learn to accept differences of opinion. You should put him in time out while you play Star Wars for your daughter in the next room.

Clearly he has fallen to the dark illogical side of the dork.

Comments

star trek is better, BUT he shouldn't be verbally attacking a 6 year old!!!!!!! that's horrible, and you two should have a chat!

Sounds like the six-year-old is better at adult inn than that jerk...

polsen4273 8

Your uncle aside, how can so many commenters agree that star trek is better? Bty, if uncle has not been around children before, he may actually like her, and is trying to influence her for what he thinks is better, just in a really stupid way. Explain to him exactly what is inappropriate and will not be tolerated and he should quickly change his behavior.

Wow. Calling that man a manchild seems offensive to children. Seriously, pull him aside and tell him to grow the **** up.

Is it possible he might be on the spectrum? Since that is not normal adult behavior it makes me wonder. I teach a lot of nerds (I am a nerd herder) and I have probably 15% on the autism spectrum every year. Not all are like that by any means, not even close. But sometimes when you get someone who does not seem to have a filter and has very black and white thinking, that can be a distinct possibility. Or he could just be an ass.

Uncle is a jerk, but Star Trek is better

My Little Pony is better than both of them put together. Period.