Wage slave

By Boundaries - 21/01/2023 06:00

Today, I learned that asking your boss, “Am I gonna get paid extra?” when he asks that you chip in for your co-worker-who-just quit’s duties is not an appropriate response. In fact, I was written up for “insubordination” and “inability to be a team player.” FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 049
You deserved it 137

Same thing different taste

Top comments

No, no. I'd say you're dong things exactly right. It's just that your boss appears to be a tool that seems eager to turn one employee leaving into at least two employees leaving, and concentrating more duties among anyone not-sufficiently-pissed-off-yet to leave.

Comments

No, no. I'd say you're dong things exactly right. It's just that your boss appears to be a tool that seems eager to turn one employee leaving into at least two employees leaving, and concentrating more duties among anyone not-sufficiently-pissed-off-yet to leave.

They're not paying the employee who quit. They have the money to pay you extra if they're asking you to do extra. If you have other options, you should quit.

KookieLove666 15

Thats why I quit my last job. we had about 150 employees when I started and only about 12 when I left. every time someone quit, they would push their job off on us instead of hiring a replacement. I was making just above minimum wage for doing about 15 peoples jobs. the plant manager would brag about how much money he's stealing from us, so when I walked out he acted like he couldn't understand why. know your worth and find somewhere that sees it. good luck and remember the rule," find another job before quitting your current one."

Ask not what your employer can do for you; ask what you can do for your employer.

We had a VP tell us that once. I wanted to bitch slap him.

ODBeefalo 10

this is pretty much every Boss' outlook. and feels like sarcasm, not sure why so many down votes.