Management

By FuckSteakNShake - 06/06/2017 16:00

Today, I was fired, all because I asked my manager for help on the line when we were short staffed and he was on his butt in the office. He said it wasn't his job to help us. Apparently, asking your manager for help when you're busy gets you fired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 974
You deserved it 230

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It is most certainly his job to get off his ass and to help anyone who is in needs anywhere in the store. Whatever was in the office most certainly could have waited until after things calmed down on the line.

HanBanana15 9

It's a managers job to do all of that AND help out their employees wherever it's needed. A management position is so much more work, and why it comes with a pay raise. This isn't elementary school, where supervising means watching everyone else do the work.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
HanBanana15 9

It's a managers job to do all of that AND help out their employees wherever it's needed. A management position is so much more work, and why it comes with a pay raise. This isn't elementary school, where supervising means watching everyone else do the work.

It's more likely you were fired for interrupting his video game or his jerk-off sesh.

It is most certainly his job to get off his ass and to help anyone who is in needs anywhere in the store. Whatever was in the office most certainly could have waited until after things calmed down on the line.

wrongchicken 3

This is a HAPPY occasion! You get to get out of that nasty situation early, if he was going to fire you for that then you're better off somewhere else with a manager who cares. (or doesn't care at all)

H R needs to be called. or labor realations.

That sucks. I'm sorry. I hope you're able to get unemployment and can move on to a better job. I don't get why so many managers are power tripping egotistical maniacs.

"The beatings will continue until morale improves!"

I still don't know how all of these people on FML get fired for trivial bullshit? It's almost impossible to fire anyone over here unless they have done something serious.

Glaceia 10

Welcome to the USA where if you are in an at will state, you can be fired for just about anything. Enjoy your stay.

That is extremely poor management, and while it may suck now, he did you a favor - you don't want to work under someone like that. Regardless of what a manager may be doing, customer service is #1 in any retail establishment. When I used to work in Walgreens, we were required to call for a manager if the line got more than 3 people deep. If we didn't, and someone complained, we would get in trouble. I eventually made management when I worked there. Sometimes I got paged at the shittiest times, including while on my break. That's part of the job. That's why they pay you more and why its a harder position to obtain.

fcknsht 2

It's exactly the same at my job, even the 3 people in line rule. Customer service should alway be the priority.

And now we know why the place was short-staffed.