Vessels

By failed brood mare - 17/11/2013 17:46 - United States - Hollywood

Today, my mom bitched me out for still being single at age 19, and still not having started a family. She considers this "immoral," yet showed nothing but praise for my sister, who's pregnant at 15 and doesn't know which of three guys is the father. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 747
You deserved it 3 113

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your mom sounds like a great role model. *sarcasm* Don't feel bad, OP, my grandma gives me a tough time for wanting to finish school before starting a family.

I know. . I'm not your mom but I'm proud of you!

Comments

It sounds like she didn't make that big a mistake to me if she's happy and doing well.

Grauncho 27

Welcome to the absurdity of our society! Our society pressures our kids into marrying and having kids right out of school, with no freedom to chase opportunities and take risks when they have less to lose while energetic and capable. And we praise women having kids so intensely that many trick men into knocking them up or doing anything for the 'status' of being a mom many times before they are ready. I praise the 19 year old for taking her time, and hope she chases her dreams and has a strong successful foundation later to start a family with who lives by more sensible values.

FezzesAreCool 18

If I were you I'd move out ASAP

I am proud of u to!! U don't need a man in ur life and maybe u should try and help ur sister....

OP, I'm sorry that your mom basically wants you to go out and spread your legs for random guys, like your slightly underage sister.. I'll praise you for doing what YOU want with your life, though. So, good job, OP. :)

nhi1221 9

My mom is the complete opposite, she wants me to wait until I'm 30 to date. But anyway FYL OP

Your sister sounds like my ex! Good for you for not being a *****! :)