Undervalued

By Franco - 10/04/2009 14:07 - United States

Today, I was sent to an elementary school for safety day. One of the dads was asking about my job, when I told him about the long hours and high stress involved. He turned to his son and said, "Now see why you stay in school?" I'm a paramedic. With a bachelor's degree. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 045
You deserved it 3 145

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks man. I always wanted to be a Paramedic when I was a kid. I think you guys do great work. **** this ignorant guy.

balanceMMX 0

not really a FML... it just wasn't explained enough for the dad to know what you were talking about. we're all thankful for your hard work as a paramedic, though- thank you

Comments

paramedics suck, should have been a doctor YDI for not staying in school.

31 and that guy are both douchebags a paramedic is a great profession... god bless you for saving lives

chiaro 0

wow, clearly you were talking to an idiot. what does the idiot do? #31, "should have been a doctor YDI for not staying in school."? Do you have any idea how difficult it is to become a doctor? Imagine going through 4 more years of school after college and working while training with an exam at the end of the year that determines whether or not you repeat that year for 5 years.

chiaro 0

#31 is an idiot for thinking that becoming a doctor happens just from staying in school

chanceuse_fml 0

31 is an ass. So is that man. Don't listen to either of them. Keep up the good work :)

So, I'm just curious. Are you sure he wasn't praising you for being a paramedic? Most kids, that I know of, want to know why they have to go to school at that age, so he could've been pointing out being successful. It just doesn't seem like the situation is clear.

ohhhhshizzz 0

#31, you are an asshole. and yeah so was the guy who said that. Oh, #13: I don't respect corrupt officers. But my cousin is a cop, I'd hope she wasn't corrupt(: Yeah, once again that guy was an asshole.

not all cops are corrupt in fact most aren't they are good people serving their community. yay for your cousin for being a female cop.

ozymandias_fml 0

Don't worry. Some day you will complete college and get a better degree.

PaperxHearts_xox 0

People are so ignorant sometimes >.< Brush it off; he didn't know what he's talking about. People really should ask before they judge. but thanks for doing all that you do for people, being a paramedic! (:

#22 not really trying to call you out but I have friends that have recently graduated with B.A. degrees in accounting, marketing and other fields and due to the state of the US economy they are stuck with retail jobs to be able to pay bills. Next time, think about what types of jobs you would do if you had to provide for yourself, or better yet, your family.