Treasure

By AddictiveAddicted - 29/06/2015 02:02 - United States - Denver

Today, I found an unfamiliar ring in my purse. Thinking it was fake, I gave it to a little girl. Thanks to my mother, I later found out that the ring was my grandmother's and it was made of gold and had a real ruby. My mother added that my grandmother trusted me to keep it in our family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 161
You deserved it 31 827

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FalconWhitaker 20

Why in heaven's name did somebody just stick it in your purse without telling you?

You probably should have at least checked with somebody before assuming it was fake

Comments

It's funny that you didn't consider why a ring magically appeared in your purse. I'd think you'd find out what it is doing there before giving it away.

OP may be ur mom is just pranking to see how u react. i dont think she wud have put a family heirloom in ur purse without informing u first

I'm curious as to why you gave it to "a little girl." The way it's phrased, it was a random child, not a family member or close friend's child. Are you in the habit of giving away things to strangers? That's kind of creepy.

No, it's just called being nice. I've often given kids free stuff. When I have a double from those gachapon machines, if I see a kid admiring a keyring I have...they often appreciate it much more than we do as adults and it's nice to see them smile. As long as it's not something that important it's not really a big deal.

#75 some of the first things people teach their kids is don't talk to strangers and don't take gifts for them. you going around giving things to kids you don't know is bad because if their parents see they may think you have bad intentions, or even worse the child might become too trusting and meet someone with bad intentions. think before you act next time no matter how much child may like your gift.

Did you get the ring back!? I find it odd that you assumed something and give it away. If it comes to any jewelry I would not give it away - fake or not.

If I found something in my purse I wouldn't just give it away, I'd talk to the people around me and make sure they hadn't mistakenly put it there

YDI how can you just give something away without checking with people in your life if its something that is important. For real, what is this drive to get rid of unfamiliar things on first sight...

Wait, was it put in your purse without you being informed, or were you told previously and just forgot?

You deserve it for not being able to tell real gold from junk metal. Yes, everyone should know the difference.

sbarua219 17

You probably wouldn't look as stupid if you knew proper grammar

amileah13 26