Treasure

By AddictiveAddicted - 29/06/2015 02:02 - United States - Denver

Today, I found an unfamiliar ring in my purse. Thinking it was fake, I gave it to a little girl. Thanks to my mother, I later found out that the ring was my grandmother's and it was made of gold and had a real ruby. My mother added that my grandmother trusted me to keep it in our family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 161
You deserved it 31 827

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FalconWhitaker 20

Why in heaven's name did somebody just stick it in your purse without telling you?

You probably should have at least checked with somebody before assuming it was fake

Comments

you deserve it cause gave it away without figuring out why its there. You had good intentions by giving it to someone but make sure its not important next time.

If you were supposed to keep it within the family then they probably should have told you instead of randomly tossing it into your purse without your knowing. If something was that important then they went about it the entirely wrong way.

Your mom's gem! You however appear to be cubic zirconia? Think before you act!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

FYL and YDI at the same time. Was it a random little girl or someone you know and can ask to give you the ring back?

OP - I hope you at least know the girl and can try to get it back. Perhaps offer her an actual fake piece of jewellery as a trade!

Your mom was irresponsible for just tossing it in your bag & not letting you know. Something so precious should've been put in a box at least with a note or something.

brandonc8892 13

.... Why did they put it in your purse without telling you, expecting you to keep onto it?