Traumatized

By Anon - 31/10/2009 11:08 - United Kingdom

Today, I invited my very animal-phobic boyfriend over. I have a dog and a rabbit, who are always well behaved, so I insisted they wouldn't do him any harm. My dog peed all over his shoes and my rabbit furiously humped his leg and wouldn't let go. He's now even more terrified of animals. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 717
You deserved it 12 204

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you knew he was afraid of them, why not put them in another room or outside?

Comments

Microsoftfan 0

Wow, you guys have no rights to call the OP's boyfriend a "pussy" or a pansy because he's afraid of animals. People can't control what they fear, or they may have had a traumatizing experience with the thing they fear to cause it. You can't suddenly think "Oh, he's afraid of animals for no reason, he's a pussy" seriously, get some common sense. I also think the OP's an idiot. Regardless of how well animals behave, they can act differently at any time, she shouldn't have invited her boyfriend over knowing he has a fear of animals.

crzyry 6

I don't think she should have put the animals up. She invited him over with the understanding that they would be out. If he was that afraid he wouldn't have went. He deserves it for being an idiot.

hornetchik 0

In reply to #31, I dislike you already from your name, 'Microsoftfan'. I agree that people can't choose their fears and phobias, but I never trust anyone who doesn't like animals. Animals are ******* awesome and your boyfriend sounds like a bogplow if hes scared of them.

I don't know what a bogplow is... but I agree animals rock. And the OPs boyfriend is kinda a pussy lol... Face your fears! Or don't go to someone's house if they tell you they have a dog!

What a pussy. Afraid of animals? LOL! I could smash this pansy with my pinky.

enough with saying he is a pussy. plenty of people have phobias and they were born or grew up with it. i have a fear of large bodies of water but i can take a large beaten. heck i laugh at it sometimes. im sure there are plenty of people with phobias here to. besides if she brought him over and knew he had a animal phobia why didn't she lock the animals in cages or take them out back or something?

jane99 0

Not one person in this world is BORN with a phobia.

maybe not born but still it isn't their fault. it often happens at a young age so their isnt much they could do about it. when i was little someone put me in a garbage can and kicked it into the water. now i have a phobia of large bodies of water. when he was little he must have got attacked by some cats and dogs or something. the thing is you cant do much about it causing you to have a Psychology break down.

63 - riiight, way to go and see the world in black and white study some more about genetics, genetic predisposition, instincts, heredity, brain chemistry, evolutionary psychology, genetic memory, fixed action patterns etc

skyeyez9 24

i feel bad for your bf. People don't choose to have phobias, he knows it is irrational but can't help it.

lmaoatyourlife 0

Yeh i agree, and OP you really should of been more sensitive and put your pets somewhere else, or if you was that desperate for your bf to be around them you could just let your dog in to the room shortly, rather than your poor boyfriend having these 2 humping/pissing animals surround him for god knows how long.

skyeyez9 24

if you love animals you guys can never get married. He will insist you get rid of your pets. Some people love their pets like their own children and will dump a bf/gf over a "it's me or the dog" ultimatum.

shadowkiss13 0

hmm ya i would choose my animals ALL the time

Next time take him to a barn to help him get over his fears. ;)

YDI for letting the rabbit out having a giant rat. Put the rabbit in a cage and kill the rat.

perdix 29

It's kind of sad and pathetic that he is openly terrified around your dog and your bunny rabbit, but can he contain his fear around your pussy?