Toxic masculinity

By Anonymous - 13/01/2021 09:01 - Canada - Edmonton

Today, it was one of those rare occasions I wore shorts. The first thing my male cousin said was, "Why so sexy?” Misogyny is why I don’t wear shorts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 793
You deserved it 696

Same thing different taste

Top comments

xxlk4xx 6

your cousin is gross! wear what ever tf you want and tell him/her to stop being gross

Ambrily 27

I don't get it: did people tap YDI because OP let's other people talk her out of wearing stuff she likes or why?

Comments

xxlk4xx 6

your cousin is gross! wear what ever tf you want and tell him/her to stop being gross

Ambrily 27

I don't get it: did people tap YDI because OP let's other people talk her out of wearing stuff she likes or why?

I'm guessing his tone of voice made it misogynistic. Had he said it in a joking manner, I don't get what was so bad.

because no one has any right to comment on some one else's appearance unless asked? and as family thats creepy as ****. 🤮

Are you ******* kidding? Are you in a family? Families comment all the time about each other's appearance from hair style, fashion choices, weight loss/gain, etc. This particular situation of a male relative lewdly commenting about a female one may be creepy, but in general, family comments that way 👏all 👏the👏 time!

Only my pedo uncle... but not since he went to jail.

bobsanction 18

Misogyny is the least of your problems on this one bud.

Maybe the context is in an external situation; going out. It is toxic fear, not masculinity. He is probably scared of some embarrassment he might have to face when you are going out with him in shorts. :) (?)

ny_ny 12

1. If you're cousin said this in a joking manner then there is nothing wrong here and he wasn't being misogynistic. 2. Misogony can't make you not wear shorts unless you are afraid of being sexually assaulted or harassed and if you are then you should consult someone of authority. 3. I still don't understand how someone else being misogynistic can make you not wear shorts. What they think has nothing to do with you. 4. Get over it and wear whatever you want.

tounces7 27

What the heck does that have to do with misogyny? Sounds like your cousin is just really gross and tries to hit on his own family members.