By Joe Dirt - 12/11/2017 07:00 - Kuwait - Kuwait

Today, I had building maintenance come look at my water heater because my shower wasn't getting hot. He went over to my shower and turned the handle the other way, and I now had hot water. I've been taking cold showers for 2 months because the plastic water temp indicator was put in backwards. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 145
You deserved it 5 147

Top comments

It's common sense that if you only have one handle, turning it one way is for cold water, and turning it the other way is for hot water. How could you not even try it out? Finding this hard to believe...

Little Richard 11

Comments

Little Richard 11

It's common sense that if you only have one handle, turning it one way is for cold water, and turning it the other way is for hot water. How could you not even try it out? Finding this hard to believe...

I've actually seen similar issues before- granted, at gyms and pools, not in my housing unit- and if they mean the part I think they do, the handle catches if you try to turn it the other way, and it very much feels like it will break if you keep turning it. If they don't mean the part I think they do, who know.

I don't think this would have been a FML if that was the case. The label for hot and cold was switched so OP never tried turning it to the other side. This is just confusing, honestly.

It must have been great not to be plagued with seck-shull urges for two months. With hot showers, you’re likely to become a sex pervert like most of us.

staticballoons 5

Why would you not even try the other way? YDI 100% OP.

I am astounded that you didn't even try and rather spent 2 months with cold showers.

How can you be so stupid. Why didn't you turn the shower handle the other way it's almost like a reflex I'm getting cold water this way let see if I get hot water the other way. I bet your a blond

manb91uk 22

Did you happen to be caught by your brother making out with his girlfriend?

"Life is hard, but it's harder when you're stupid." John Wayne

TeachAllTheMath 19

I think the hardest part to believe is you thought it was broken but waited two months to call maintenance.

I know a guy who has a broken water heater for nearly a year now. He doesn't mind, only his girlfriend does because she can't shower at his place anymore.

Have you never had a bad landlord? They sometimes take months to respond to a complaint!

You did not think to try adjusting it the other way?