By Bishop423 - 22/07/2015 04:21 - United States - San Francisco

Spicy
Today, while working security at my job, for the second time, a man with Down's Syndrome entered the store, went to one of the demo computers, opened YouTube, pulled up a video of oiled women wrestling and jerked off. There is no protocol in the handbook for how to deal with this scenario. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 965
You deserved it 2 521

Bishop423 tells us more.

Bishop423 14

OP here. Yes it was the same guy both times. The reason why I didn't call the police is because he didn't actually expose himself. He clearly knew that he was doing something wrong because he checked to see if we were watching. I asked two different managers what to do, and both failed to provide a satisfactory answer so I was left to my own devices. The first time I caught him I told him he wasn't allowed to do that. The second time I actually closed the browser and told him that this was the last time this was gonna happen.

Top comments

Do the same thing as you would to anyone else, just explain that he can't do that and it's not allowed.

Don't be a **** block. He'll leave when he's done

Comments

I know its not really OP's job, but what are the chances he's doing it in the store because he's not allowed to at home? If it happens again it should be addressed so that he doesn't have to do it in public?

Why would he be banned from masturbating in his room at his house?

alicat089 18

#117 Could be religious reasons.

Actually because of the disability, he may not realize it's not ok. There was a case recently here where a downs man was arrested for exposure because he was masturbating in a library bathroom. He had been told a bathroom or bedroom is an ok place- and his staff didn't think to clarify at home...

Do what you would do if he didn't have Downs. If he continues call the cops for lewd behaviour.

Kick him out, not literally obviously, and ban him from entering the store.

Fetuskicker666 15

your job is security, throw his ass out, down syndrome or not thats inexcusable.

You've got some balls if you'd drag out a 'downs' kid touching his.

okami36 2

Treat him like anyone else. Smack him with a rolled up newspaper, rub his nose in it, and yell "NO!"

Do you normally treat people like dogs?

orsombre_fml 11

YDI. You should go up and talk to him. You don't let a customer do that, Down's syndrome or not. If he becomes aggressive, then call the police. That guy needs to know he cannot ********** in public.

He did talk to him, as stated in the follow up. It's more of the fact that it even happened to begin with and that OP had to go tell this guy he couldn't do that--twice nonetheless.

foxmatrix15 8

Working at Apple Store has its disadvantages too.

I am also in security and if I were you I would trespass him so that if he comes back you can callvthe police on him. Otherwise, if you are a hands on officer with the apropriate training to make an arrest you could arrest him for public nudity or disorderly conduct.

cut the power to that bank of computers. problem solved