By Bishop423 - 22/07/2015 04:21 - United States - San Francisco

Spicy
Today, while working security at my job, for the second time, a man with Down's Syndrome entered the store, went to one of the demo computers, opened YouTube, pulled up a video of oiled women wrestling and jerked off. There is no protocol in the handbook for how to deal with this scenario. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 965
You deserved it 2 521

Bishop423 tells us more.

Bishop423 14

OP here. Yes it was the same guy both times. The reason why I didn't call the police is because he didn't actually expose himself. He clearly knew that he was doing something wrong because he checked to see if we were watching. I asked two different managers what to do, and both failed to provide a satisfactory answer so I was left to my own devices. The first time I caught him I told him he wasn't allowed to do that. The second time I actually closed the browser and told him that this was the last time this was gonna happen.

Top comments

Do the same thing as you would to anyone else, just explain that he can't do that and it's not allowed.

Don't be a **** block. He'll leave when he's done

Comments

You don't need protocol to tell someone he can either leave immediately, or have the cops called on him for indecent exposure. Btw where is this persons care giver? Wtf

There is no guarantee he has a caregiver much less that he needs on. Some people with Down Syndrome are fully capable of taking care of themselves.

Depending where you work block YouTube that resolve the problem...

I only say YDI, because most places that have demo computers. Either have them disconnected from the internet or have places like YouTube blocked.

Since he is a security guard he has no control if the demo computers are connected to the Internet. He isn't responsible for the company's decision to have them connected.

Do you think that a security guard is allowed to **** with the internet like that? I don't. He is hired to guard the store, not mess with the computers.

Bishop423 14

that would be unsanitary so I would close the laptop first, rush him to the bathroom, and forget everything.

Does anyone have no ******* common sense anymore. You grab his ass by the shirt collar and escort his ass out. Come on, use your ******* head man.

I agree with you, but the problem is as an employee of a business whatever you do the business is now liable as well. if, and it's a big if, the "guardians" of this mentally challenged person were to decide to pursue legal action then the business and the employee are in a hard place...just saying

Badkarma4u 17

Manhandling a mentally handicapped person is a very bad idea. You don't know the level of his diability or how they will react to agressive phisical contact. He could react anywhere from crying to a full on life or death struggle. You could get unnecessarily hurt or hurt someone who may not know what hes doing is illlegal.

People with down have increased chances of neck and back problems due to posture changes and genetic predisposition towards low muscle tone. You could seriously injure a downs person doing that. We are even taught modified physical management techniques because of the risk. While I agree with the sentiment- you're wrong.

For the second time? What are the odds of that!

Bishop423 14

OP here. Yes it was the same guy both times. The reason why I didn't call the police is because he didn't actually expose himself. He clearly knew that he was doing something wrong because he checked to see if we were watching. I asked two different managers what to do, and both failed to provide a satisfactory answer so I was left to my own devices. The first time I caught him I told him he wasn't allowed to do that. The second time I actually closed the browser and told him that this was the last time this was gonna happen.

Then if third time's a charm, throw him right out.

it sounds like you handled it the best way possible. hopefully he doesn't come back a 3rd time.

He probably has some family or an MSC that is helping him. Most of the time we in the disabilities services field are trying to explain that the rules apply to them to. If it happens again, you should call the police.

It sounds like you handled it really well OP :)

MrZsDad 19

You handled it well, just not as good as the customer.

with that facial hair and pony tail im assuming you also work security at a strip club, you should just give him the address

Seems to me the simple solution is to either disable the internet on the computer or block YouTube

thatonetribute 31

That's disgusting. Downs syndrome is absolutely no excuse to act like a complete savage.