By Bishop423 - 22/07/2015 04:21 - United States - San Francisco

Spicy
Today, while working security at my job, for the second time, a man with Down's Syndrome entered the store, went to one of the demo computers, opened YouTube, pulled up a video of oiled women wrestling and jerked off. There is no protocol in the handbook for how to deal with this scenario. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 965
You deserved it 2 521

Bishop423 tells us more.

Bishop423 14

OP here. Yes it was the same guy both times. The reason why I didn't call the police is because he didn't actually expose himself. He clearly knew that he was doing something wrong because he checked to see if we were watching. I asked two different managers what to do, and both failed to provide a satisfactory answer so I was left to my own devices. The first time I caught him I told him he wasn't allowed to do that. The second time I actually closed the browser and told him that this was the last time this was gonna happen.

Top comments

Do the same thing as you would to anyone else, just explain that he can't do that and it's not allowed.

Don't be a **** block. He'll leave when he's done

Comments

I don't see why you can't call the police. You would if it was someone without Down's syndrome.

People with Down's aren't that stupid. He knows what he's doing is wrong, he just knows he can get away with it. He probably has a weird public masturbation fetish. Kick him out and tell him if he does it a third time, you're calling the police. He should understand that if he knows English.

I'd start with calm, rational, and legal methods.

I don't think there's a protocol for this in any handbook.

A simple, "sir stop masturbating in the electronic department, we have bathrooms for that" would have been a good start.

By far the funniest comment I've seen in this section. I wish you would have commented earlier because you would've gotten top comment.

"For the second time" I think your job is cursed OP

Let him know. People with Down Syndrome (not "down's) can follow rules. That is how they get through life. They need to be instructed on what to do and how to conduct themselves in social situations. He probably already knows. He knows he can get away with it!

Don't the computers require a login and password? Change them or talk to IT about blocking YouTube for guests visitors. Do you work at a public library by any chance? If so, good luck.

HighasaCloud 46

What could public libraries possibly need to demonstrate? OP doesn't need to say he works at tech shop or a store with an electronics department for readers to be able to figure it out. OP clearly states "store." Why in the world would demo computers require login credentials? I don't think the company wants to demonstrate the functionality of their products to their employees. To their customers, perhaps? If the masturbator couldn't access it, than neither would all the people who want to buy computers and take a model for a test run first. Thinking: it's a beautiful thing.

Indecent exposure, ask him to leave, call the cops.