By Anonymous - 30/01/2014 18:13 - United States - Elizabethtown

Today, while playing badminton at school, I got an opponent who is mentally handicapped. Since I'm terrible at the game, I guess the teacher assumed it would be a good match. I won the match, my first victory ever. My teacher accused me of cheating to humiliate him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 053
You deserved it 4 475

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like that teacher needs to reevaluate his/her own assumptions, in both ways.

How do you even cheat in badminton? /:

Comments

It seems like a double edged sword... If you lose, everyone will think you're being "too easy" on the mentally handicapped person, if you win you're cheating to humiliate him/her? All I can say is at least the coach cares and is looking after the mentally handicapped person in his/ her own way, but that doesn't change the fact your coach is not being fair!

Double edged sword is usually used for something that does good and bad. These are both bad outcomes.

More of a catch 22 or "damned if you do and damned if you don't."

I doubt it to be honest. The coach attitude was patronizing for one thinking that he should pair up a mentally handicapped person with a lousy player to even the chances, two for assuming that because OP played normally, he did it in the intent to humiliate the person with a disability. OP's attitude was at least respectful by treating his opponent as an equal.

You seem so happy about your victory. Congrats.

well done :) its bad what your teacher done though

CONGRATZ! Tell the teacher to just shit the **** up (nicely) because you actually won, without cheating

how do you shit a ****? it sounds painful

Maybe the coach was mad you didn't like said handicapped person win.

Did you come back and win through the losers bracket? Either way you won...good for you...

Maybe he said it only to make the handicapped kid feel good. Give him the victory.

Are handicapped kids not normal people? Can they not deal with losing a game in gym class? Babying the disabled kids won't help them at all, it'll teach them that they can do whatever the **** they want because they're disabled. They should be treated the same as non-handicapped kids.

So OP should just suck it up after being charged with cheating -- and with a handicapped person, yet? I'll go with no.