By thatkid00117 - 15/07/2013 17:15 - United States - Avalon

Today, while lifeguarding at my local beach, I noticed someone having difficulty swimming back to shore. I ran out and swam him back to shore. Once we were on dry land, he cussed me out for "emasculating" him in front of his girlfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 443
You deserved it 3 353

thatkid00117 tells us more.

Hey guys, it was a pretty rough day so I wasn't surprised at least one person encountered trouble, and he didn't speak a word whilst he was gripped tightly to the flotation device. Once on shore I asked him if he was alright and instructed him how not to get caught in another rip current. He promptly to me to "f off" and that he didn't need help. At that point his girlfriend ran up to ask if he was hurt, and everything went downhill from there. I appreciate the sympathy, but it would be a little irresponsible of me to let the man die :)

Top comments

How dare you OP! Let him drown like a man!

I bet he's the kinda dude that would flee a date after losing an arm wrestling match... Smdh

Comments

KiddNYC1O 20

Maybe sharknado will get him.

*have, not "of". And i was having such a good time reading all the comments too, till i came to yours, #26.

olpally 32

Jess^^ get the stick out of your ass. Not everyone is perfect.

I would one up that by kicking him out and letting his girlfriend stay. Talk about emasculation!

Hey guys, it was a pretty rough day so I wasn't surprised at least one person encountered trouble, and he didn't speak a word whilst he was gripped tightly to the flotation device. Once on shore I asked him if he was alright and instructed him how not to get caught in another rip current. He promptly to me to "f off" and that he didn't need help. At that point his girlfriend ran up to ask if he was hurt, and everything went downhill from there. I appreciate the sympathy, but it would be a little irresponsible of me to let the man die :)

Nice of you to save him, but think of how many sharks could have fed on that huge meat head of his!

jem970 19

I agree with 35! Think of all the poor hungry sharks OP.

kayteakay 26

Good on you for being the better person.

Too bad that people can't recognize when you've done something rather heroic, and instead crap all over you because they're too stupid to get through life on this planet without other people rescuing them. And to all of those who say "you should have let him drown" or whatever... you're morons.

This fml would have ended wonderfully with Op stealing the girlfriend.

Do Fml's even ever end wonderfully? I wonder.

Actually it's the idiot that swam too far that's the moron!!!! If Darwinism took effect he would be whale or shark poop!!!! I sick of everyone in society bending backwards for idiots!!!!!!

I think most of them didn't mean it literally, if your job was a lifeguard you would have to save a person either way. How would you even tell if they're idiots in the first place right?

Poetaster 10

News flash... You are not the cause of his issues.

Frankly, if he was already having trouble swimming back he clearly swam out too far and was already emasculating himself.

People like this always seem to slip away from death. A guy I went To high school with (and frankly isn't to bright) has wrecked I think seven cars now while showing off for friends. He's caused 2 broken necks (they lived) and other serious injuries. Unfortunately he hasn't broke his yet.

Imagine the hit to this guy's ego if he would have needed CPR.

zfchatroulette 24

You, sir, deserve a medal for that statement.

myoukei 31

This wasn't nescisarily a "good deed". Life guards are contractually obligated to help those who are drowning. :/ But good on op anyway!

ViviMage 38

He'd rather be macho and dead?

token_blackguy 18

Macho and manly while dead is still manly from some guys.... 'Murika!