By thatkid00117 - 15/07/2013 17:15 - United States - Avalon

Today, while lifeguarding at my local beach, I noticed someone having difficulty swimming back to shore. I ran out and swam him back to shore. Once we were on dry land, he cussed me out for "emasculating" him in front of his girlfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 443
You deserved it 3 353

thatkid00117 tells us more.

Hey guys, it was a pretty rough day so I wasn't surprised at least one person encountered trouble, and he didn't speak a word whilst he was gripped tightly to the flotation device. Once on shore I asked him if he was alright and instructed him how not to get caught in another rip current. He promptly to me to "f off" and that he didn't need help. At that point his girlfriend ran up to ask if he was hurt, and everything went downhill from there. I appreciate the sympathy, but it would be a little irresponsible of me to let the man die :)

Top comments

How dare you OP! Let him drown like a man!

I bet he's the kinda dude that would flee a date after losing an arm wrestling match... Smdh

Comments

You should have let natural selection do its work. What does his girlfriend sea in him? Is she shore she wants to go out with such an idiot. Well water are you going to do?

What the shell did the guy think he was gonna do coral a bunch of fish together and surf them back to shore

threer 30

Reely?! Whale, these puns are kind of finny.. Gills, never make a bad pun on porpoise. Buoys, I shore hope you reed my advice, too.

mpj13 8

What a beach. I shore hope you told him off.

The_Big_Boss 20

Because drowning looks very manly

graceinsheepwear 33

Well, you can see his logic...Leonardo DiCaprio drowned and women around the world are still swooning.

What an asshole, you're just doing your job.

MEM0817 18

That can't be the first time he's felt emasculated in front of his girlfriend. From the sounds of it and all....

thatdangmexican 18

You should've let his ass drown.

cottoncandymango 17

Well jeez. Sorry for saving his life. If it weren't for you, he'd probably not even be on shore with his girlfriend.

olpally 32

Should have dragged him back into the ocean...