By bruisedandconfused - 12/02/2019 12:25 - United States - Aberdeen

Today, two days after sending her flowers for Valentine's Day, my dream girl asked me on a date. She didn't show up. Her boyfriend did though. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 263
You deserved it 10 781

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thatkidmal 15

Well then, that's quite a plot twist

Didnt you already know she was dating someone?

Comments

DrownedMyFish 18

Don't let that ruin the fun, OP! You guys can have a romantic evening all by yourselves!

Sending flowers to another girl in a relationship? YDI

FYL, OP is just trying to be sweet. Should've probably checked if she had a boyfriend though.

I said YDI at first. Then I realized she agreed to the date. Why couldn't she say she is involved with someone? It would've saved a lot complication.

According to OP, she didn't just agree to the date, she asked OP out.

Actually it could have been her boyfriend asking OP out using her phone or other communication channel. OP didnt state that it was in Person. FHL her boyfriend is a dick.

RedPillSucks 31

Yep. That was my thought. this is why face-to-face communication is better. It could have avoided the fist-to-face communication in this situation.

doglover100 28

I wonder. If OP sent flowers to her house, for example, she might have freaked out badly.

Did you know she had a boyfriend? If so, YDI. If not, FYL.

neuronerd 28

I'm thinking that with a reaction like that, OP knew she was in a relationship, and had been creepy for quite some time. The flowers were the last straw, and she finally had to send her boyfriend in when her "I'm not interested" comments went ignored.

Or maybe the boyfriend is just an overly jealous guy. Not enough information here. Did OP know his "dream girl" had a boyfriend? If so, he deserves it. If not, FHL.

JMichael 25

She could have just told you she had a boyfriend. That's rude as hell.

NodakN8V 25

Might want to let that dream go into an old dirty sock....