By bruisedandconfused - 12/02/2019 12:25 - United States - Aberdeen

Today, two days after sending her flowers for Valentine's Day, my dream girl asked me on a date. She didn't show up. Her boyfriend did though. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 263
You deserved it 10 781

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thatkidmal 15

Well then, that's quite a plot twist

Didnt you already know she was dating someone?

Comments

I'm of two minds here: If you knew she was dating him, YDI. If not FYL. On second thought, if you knew nothing about your "dream girl", YDI. Yeah, YDI it is.

Holy crap. You don't have to stalk a person just to prove that he/she is the ideal person you want to date. And maybe "dream girl" likes to keep her relationship personal/private? Sheesh.

yoursucklives 36

maybe that's just me, #28, but i wouldn't send someone flowers if i didn't even know whether they were single. you can't just asume that someone's free. if she told you she was single, that's another story. i don't really understand why her boyfriend would beat you up, if she's not interested in you, why would he feel threatened? the only thing i imagine could explain that, is, that op really doesn't really know the girl, and she feels threatened/like op's a creeper. i know i wouldn't want to receive flowers from someone i don't really know. but i just stop assuming now, maybe we'll get a follow up!

She asked him out purely to have her boyfriend beat his ass, it wouldn't surprise me if she had said she was single. She's probably playing the victim to her boyfriend, convincing him that OP is trying to steal her from him, yada yada yada.

yoursucklives 36

oh right, that's also possible, i always forget that some girls are crazy

#28, Please explain how asking a mutual friend what they know about your romantic interest constitutes stalking? Last I checked, that was called common sense.

#51, I was thinking that the username "bruisedandconfused" referred to a bruised ego, the FML never actually said the boyfriend beat up OP.

The_Big_Boss 20

I would see right through this one and i'd play gay like it was my plan. Just to creep him out

RedPillSucks 31

Then his username would be deadandconfused

Judging by your username, the date didn't go great

aznpeaks 7

By the FML, the date didn't sound great

You could of played it off as you sent the flowers for both of them wishing them a happy valentines day.

So did you tell him that was your dream girl and not his?

maggiefox 25

Two days of flowers? Well hey you can be my boyfriend ;)

i think op meant 2 days after sending the flowers .

dakid87 10

Have it occurred to you that he might need flowers too?

I feel like she's a bitch and all but I'm laughing too hard at your name to help.