By Anonymous - 21/03/2013 10:43 - United States - Kalamazoo

Today, there was a new girl in one of my classes. We both corrected a classmate on his grammar, so, trying to make a new friend, I leaned back to her and said, "Haha, fellow Grammar Nazi?" She gave me a disgusted look and told me she was Jewish. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 336
You deserved it 21 816

Same thing different taste

Top comments

expertsmilee 26

Then she obviously has no sense of humour. There's no better revenge than taking a derogatory term and turning it around.

Comments

3rdbass 9

I don't understand why she is so bothered with the term. Yes, she's is Jewish, but she obviously doesn't understand how to take a bit of humor..

Someone in her family could have been killed by Nazis or something similar, so her family could be touchy about it. Pus it is a bit sick to turn people who tortured and murdered thousands of people into humour, to be honest!

People nowadays turn everything into humor. And yes, someone could've been killed in her family, but someone in my family was killed to. I'm not Jewish though, but Dutch, and a lot of Dutch people were killed to. And trust me, my family isn't really 'touchy' on the subject. We always have been very open about WW2.

I'm Jewish, and so are a few of my friends, and that doesn't offend us at all. So I honestly don't know what's up with her, maybe she has a stick up her ass

The question really is, What kind of stick?

Nazi's are heartless, cruel monsters that terrorised and murdered millions of people. Why people seem to think its alright to demote that tragedy into a joke is beyond me.

There's no business like Shoah business...

Yet everybody loves movies about cowboys and indians ...

metalcrazed 21

Well,it happened a long time ago.

Oh my god. It happened a long time ago? So did the civil war. It's been almost 150 years and there are still many people who bear confederate flags and want to secede from the north. There are also neo-nazis proudly bearing swastikas- and the holocaust happened less than a century ago. My grandparents are survivors and are still alive today. Think before you speak. Also, don't ******* tell people what to do. I've probably been on the Internet for longer than you have, and as a result I know about the sick shit going on in the world. Humor is no excuse for ignorance.

For someone who claims to have been on the Internet a while, you have a really thin skin. Are you sure you're not the girl in the OP?

Humor is no excuse for ignorance, I agree, but a lot of the time, it helps people to deal with things.

I'm not talking about this comment on its own if you go through she's all over the place having a moment.........if she really got that seriously offended princess-what's her face should have moved on and not even bothered commenting (in which I bet she's seeing red cause everyone saying relax its an oops)

#86 I see where you're coming from, but comparing the Confederacy to the nazis is a very loose metaphor. Nobody here is stating that the nazis were great people, but the term "grammar nazi" is one that is well engrained in the Internet community. I mean no disrespect to you nor your family and extended community. However if you wish to enjoy your time on the Internet it would be best to not start flaming on Internet euphamisms. Just my $0.02

metalcrazed 21
perdix 29

Don't worry, you can redeem yourself next week. Tell her that you hope the Grammar Angel of Death passes over her house as she goes to her seder. That'll fix it!

There are probably less confrontational and more productive ways to go about this.... that isn't a great idea.

perdix 29

#49, I'm sorry you feel that way. I was working on a Grammar "Enthusiasts'" Ten Plagues. You don't think I should suggest: 1. Your/you're 2. To/too/two 3. Loser/looser 4. Literally 5. Should of 6. OMG, LOL 7. poor capitalization 8. u, ur 9. ... 10. *lowers sunglasses* OK. I'll just keep them to myself.

Please don't forget there/their/there, due/do, seen/saw, its/it's, who's/whose, we're/were/where/wear/ware, and cuz!

#56 - you left out that non-word abomination "irregardless"

perdix 29

#177, good one! I also had to leave off when people use "aggravated" to mean "irritated." There are just so many!

softlikesunset 15

Can't she take a joke? He wasn't trying to offend her and she should've realized he couldn't possibly have known she was Jewish.

I'm also Jewish (well, I was raised Jewish but no longer practice) and don't mind terribly if someone says "Grammar Nazi"; however, I much prefer "Grammar Snob" or "Grammar Cop". Perhaps, for a number of reasons, it's a sensitive subject for the girl.

xeka 10

Irrelevant on her part.. Just take the damn joke. Lol.

Jeez... tell her to pipe the **** down and develop a sense of humor...

So she shouldn't tell people she's Jewish? I didn't know it was 1939.

#93, start reading, that's not what she said..