By gr8terevil - 02/03/2009 19:06 - United States

Today, the men clearing the walkway outside my dorm room, with a snowblower didn't realize that my window was open. I looked over from my computer to see snow shooting in, covering my clock, closet, and radio. And now it's melting. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 981
You deserved it 16 916

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DDDDana 0

Why the heck was your window open if there was snow on the ground??

FuckYourLife1984 0

If it is cold enough to snow, why is your window open?

Comments

christinedoo 0

#30 - word. stop making shit up!

I open my window all the time in snowy winter. My computer heats this room up to an inferno, no joke. I need better cooling on it. I don't know why it's so hard for some people to believe that somebody may actually open their window in the winter! Gasp! Some people don't actually have to bundle up when the temp drops below 60 degrees in the house, and actually prefer the cold!

lol #30, you post that after a tonne of people have already said they do the same thing. way to go.

This is stupid. Hear a snowblower, close your window. It's not their responsibility to see if your window is open. They are only responsible if something were to break your window resulting in property damage.

trayofmuffins 0

Why were they blowing it on the buildings? What noobs.

Sucks but... it's not their fault either. I'm sure it never occurred to them that someone would have the window open during the winter...

Your a jackass for having your window open while it's snowing

yourmomlol 0

If you were in there, then it's your fault for not shutting the window when you heard the snowblower. If you weren't in there it's still your fault for not shutting your window when you left the room. Way to waste electricity. Buy a fan if you can't be bothered to shut your window in inclement weather. If your parents have homeowner's insurance you should be covered for insurance in your dorm. It would probably be worth looking into to see if your things would be covered. There's a good chance it wouldn't be though, since it seems to have been your fault. All the guys doing the snowblowing have to worry about is the actual snowblowers. It's not their responsibility to check for dumbasses in the dorms.

Plaps 0

My girlfriend lived in the dorms - you had to leave the windows open in the dorm, in the winter time. If you closed them, you'd have to open them, and then leave and return an hour or so later because the room was so unbearably hot.