By gr8terevil - 02/03/2009 19:06 - United States

Today, the men clearing the walkway outside my dorm room, with a snowblower didn't realize that my window was open. I looked over from my computer to see snow shooting in, covering my clock, closet, and radio. And now it's melting. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 979
You deserved it 16 916

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DDDDana 0

Why the heck was your window open if there was snow on the ground??

FuckYourLife1984 0

If it is cold enough to snow, why is your window open?

Comments

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm always warm, even in winter (which is why you'd see me outside in shorts and a t-shirt with no jacket when it's below freezing). I usually kept a window open in my dorm room for the same reasons #8 said. Sometimes the dorm room would get really hot because my computer was on 24/7, or it'd get stuffy without it. Though, I'd close it whenever I'm not going to be in my room, like for class or whatever. Can you file an insurance claim or something with the school? In my school we had the option (I should've taken it, maybe I'll write an FML on what happened) to pay something like 50 bucks to insure our rooms.

I hated when I lived in the dorms, because it was always SO HOT. The heater in one of my rooms only had one setting, which was "******* hot" and was regulated by the school, so it was on from october - april, and there was nothing I could do about it. So the window would be open all the time. And when it snowed or rained and I had to close it, forget about it. I'd be sitting around in shorts and a tank top sweating my figurative balls off. I burned myself on that ******* heater so many times. I still have the scar from when I leaned too far out the window and got a massive blister on my thigh. But yeah. So thats my fascinating story. Definitely sucks about your stuff.

thinkpink 0

Haha #9. And yes, I agree with the majority of people that if it was super hot in my dorm, I always threw open the window. Even if there was snow on the ground.

The people who are snowblowing probably assume that people don't open their windows in the winter, especially in the snow (I would assume that). Its not their fault that YOU left your window open.

i understand the whol "its hot in my dorms." I lived where that was the issue for a year, and yeah my window was almost always open. But, it's still your own stupidity. rational humans hear "something loud is coming my way, probably a SNOWBLOWER" "I SHOULD CLOSE MY WINDOW. you fail life. let me guess...you're probably an english major? if you are anything else...god we are screwed

If the snow is 'now' melting...shouldnt you be focusing on the mass snow covering your computer as opposed to posting on FML?

yourmom00000 0

Haha! That's exactly what I was thinking!

seanpow4713 0

#17 you just beat me to it lol instead of whining about the snow melting go clean it up before it does! i don't understand why you would rather allow it to melt and damage your belongings. it's harmless while it's still frozen!

marris 0

I can buy the dorm room being hot, what i can't buy is that you are sitting here typing on a computer that is about to be damaged because its covered in melting snow instead of doining your best to clean it up and making sure it isn't turned on so as little damage as possible is done to it

jayhawk63 0

Open window. Hear snowblower. See snowblower. See blowing snow. Close window. Simple.