By thenewgirl29 - 05/02/2015 16:42 - Canada - Sherwood Park

Today, the guy I've been seeing for a few months told me he couldn't stay overnight because his mom would yell at him for not coming home. We're both 30 and I didn't know he still lived at home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 558
You deserved it 4 218

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The yelling is an excuse. He actually needs to be tucked into bed with his favorite teddy bear and read a bedtime story by mom.

There's a reason he was single when you met him apparently :p

Comments

Is his name Norman Bates? If so, don't shower around him.

Or maybe he just doesn't want to stay overnight with you and comes up with that as an excuse? Lol

Maybe he just didn't want to spend the night with you.

To be Honest if I had not gotten married I would not have left home. My husband lived at home until we got married as well...we both had tons of savings and we paid for our Home in cash. We did get Married young and still..... I would not write him off just Yet. I see my friends that moved out at 18 and all the money the burned in rent. I would try to see the positive side.

funneh1 21

Lol!! Hey its says that you are from Alberta. Me too! Lol

In his defense, in his culture I guess it is considered normal. He does own a condo and is renovating it. I am fine with the living at home part but being questioned about staying out seems odd at our age.

One has to have some respect that the guy respects his parents enough to still abide by their rules (granted... pretty extreme at that age). That said, it seems like such an odd situation and makes you think he has a wife/fiancée/girlfriend that he doesn't want you to know about. (however, it's all just speculation...). good luck OP.

Howard!!! Would you like some nice brisket maybe???