By thenewgirl29 - 05/02/2015 16:42 - Canada - Sherwood Park

Today, the guy I've been seeing for a few months told me he couldn't stay overnight because his mom would yell at him for not coming home. We're both 30 and I didn't know he still lived at home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 558
You deserved it 4 218

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The yelling is an excuse. He actually needs to be tucked into bed with his favorite teddy bear and read a bedtime story by mom.

There's a reason he was single when you met him apparently :p

Comments

"Howard Wolowitz! If she's pretty, make sure she's Jewish so you can marry her! I need grandkids before I die!" "Mom!!"

jordanashley211 20

Maybe his mom is elderly and he takes care of her

Keiajacole 16

Run baby girl RUN !!!!! He's single for a reason !!!

And it's because the shallowness of the human kind.

There sure are a lot of judgmental comments here; thought we were supposed to be tolerant of all people.. In a lot of cultures staying with ones parents is not considered odd (like it is in the US). It could be he has financial, medical, unemployment issues or maybe he's caring for his elderly parents. Maybe he is a Mommas boy? Who's to judge him? The only odd thing about him is saying his Mom would be mad if he didn't come home. For his age he should no longer be under his mothers rules. But even so he still deserves happiness and he must be a decent guy since she's dated him for 3 months. Maybe everyone here should take a look at themselves before they judge.

Agreed good sir! May many thumbs up come your way!

#32: I think it's interesting that most of the harshest comments are coming from females. Males seem a lot more sympathetic to this guy.

And then #54 comes along to break my expectations...

Fully agree. Living with parents isn't a hallmark of immaturity, and moving out isn't the benchmark of maturity. People can live with their parents, pay substantial rent, hold down a job, and tend to their own affairs (romantic and financial) while taking on additional responsibilities that make them an asset rather than a burden. By the same token, people can move out, do exactly what they like all of the time, fail to budget and rely on mum and dad to make everything better, whether that means leaving their laundry with their parents or expecting them to foot the bill for living expenses. Acting like an adult doesn't depend solely on your living arrangement. That said, we live in the mobile phone age. Surely a "Hi, dear parent, I won't be home tonight" wouldn't be an unreasonable option?

At least you didn't find out from someone else

My guess is that dude wanted to get the hell outta there and just lied about it

tossaway2321 5