By Anonymous - 27/02/2015 00:20 - Canada - Toronto

Today, the doctor let me know I have an autoimmune disease. The disease results in ulcers in my colon which bleed when I poop. I cried, but only when I was told that I wouldn't be allowed to eat cheese anymore. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 641
You deserved it 3 164

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'd cry too, man. Cheese is better than sex. Sorry for your loss.

Comments

I don't know if I could not eat cheese. That definitely sucks, OP!

There are non-dairy alts that are just as good as the "normal" cheeses.. This comes from a french cheese lover gone vegan. :D

I had to go gluten, dairy, soy and egg free for a year. my ultimate favorites are a cashew/psyllium cheese (melts like mozzarella) and Viviani white nougat chrisp. CU is not a walk in the park but doable!

AnyaS 19

I'm going through a similar situation having recently been diagnosed with Crohn's. My favorite things are cheese, milk and chocolate and I have to live on almond and rice milk for now as my substitutes. The pain and restricted diet are very hard.

Welcome, both of you (including OP), to the club. When I was diagnosed I was told that people can live for years, comfortably, before you would need any surgery. Six months later I was on the table, having chunks taken out and being patched up. I'm averaging about three years between surgeries, now. Stay safe. Manage well. Humara is expensive.

My GF has crohns as well. Thankfully the medication Humira is paid by the Australian Government. $1000 an injection every fortnight becomes just $30 and sometimes free.

1dvs_bstd 41

So you have to choose between ******** blood and eating cheese? tough choice.

Well no, because eating cheese and ******** blood are the same choice

I think that I would choose the cheese. Bloody shit is a small price to pay, in my opinion.

My thoughts too, you poop only once a day but you can eat cheese all day long. It's only logical

Not sure what planet you're from but you can poo more than once a day.

Xatraris 38

Sorry, as someone diagnosed with Chron's, you can poo a lot more than once a day. And it can be painful.

With Colitis, it's definitely more than once a day. Try 2-3 times on a good day, and easily 8-10 on a bad one

1dvs_bstd 41

#50 maybe he could lube his ass? lol

I know you guys are trying to be funny, but you do realize that an ulcer is like a pothole in the intestinal lining right? It's literally like something has eaten away at the tissue and there are huge open wounds that bleed left. Not to mention it's very dangerous when an ulcer bleeds (depending on its size and amount of blood) and people have died from an ulcer bleeding. So...not really a choice. Op, I'm so sorry for your diagnosis! I have Gastroparesis (stomach problems) and have chronic pain, nausea, bloating and extreme fatigue with it. I've had to go on several diets and living without the food you like really sucks!! Especially considering its added to all the other crap you have to deal with. I hope this condition is really mild and that your quality of life isn't effected too much! I hope you have a good support team of family and friends and great doctors as well. Best of luck!

Xatraris 38

It's not necessarily going that hurts, it's as the previous person had said, it's the ulcers.

No more cheese? FOREVER? Hopefully it'll be worth it OP

Fyl Op. Maybe you could rarely eat some cheese if you were feeling up to the pain?

Welcome to the club. I suddenly became lactose intolerant when I got to the age of 20... :(

Indianboy9321 25

Uh...this is SLIGHTLY different

#14, I think #9 is simply talking about the part of not being able to have cheese. Not the rest of it. I'm also lactose intolerant and can understand how sad it is not being able to eat the food you love, anymore

@21 While it's correct that most people become lactose intolerant after they stop breastfeeding it's not random, it depends on your ancestry. In Canada where most people are descended from Europeans it's definitely a minority of people who are lactose intolerant.

I'd cry too, but only if they said I couldn't eat bacon. I feel your pain..