By AdoKitty - 11/06/2015 03:04 - United States - Redlands

Today, the 4-year-old I was babysitting came up to me all happy, saying she went to the bathroom like a "big girl". Knowing she was just potty trained, I asked if she'd remembered to flush. Looking at me confused, she said, "But it's in my room." FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 049
You deserved it 2 276

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe potty trained is the wrong word to use...

My first instinct is to wonder how she managed to be alone long enough to shit in her room, but children are little devils and will find ways to make you look bad, regardless of how attentive you are.

Comments

Wait...she's JUST now getting potty trained? Me and my siblings were done by two or three years old, but maybe that's just us. Still seems a little late for her to be going to the bathroom on the floor.

My eldest was under two when she day-trained (she's nearly 5 now and still not night trained, but doctors aren't worried), but my youngest is just over 3 and still isn't toilet-trained. There's no hard and fast rule as to when they should be :/ maybe she had developmental delays. Also, maybe she goes on a little plastic potty, not the big toilet? And the small one is in her room?

middlenamefrank 8

Uh....portable trainer toilet, right?

All children are different. Stop judging about the age. My daughter took forever and she's perfectly normal. She wasn't completely trained til age 4 I'm betting this little girl went on a little potty.

A 4 year old is not a toddler. She should really know better by now.

My oldest used to poop behind the door.

My 3yr old brother was the same. He'd come in looking proud then let us know he couldn't reach to wipe properly. They try :£

From all the other FMLs about babysitting I was surprised it didn't end with the girl saying something bad.

sweetsugar12477 4

not that this has anything to do with you cause you are just the sitter....but shouldn't she be potty trained already? my sister and I and every child I have ever known were potty trained well before 4 years old. I don't have any Kids and have little experiance in that field so I could be wrong but still lol.