By prin - 05/09/2009 06:30 - United States

Today, someone asked my fiancée and I how we met. She said, "Well, it was just supposed to be a one night stand!" and laughed, right as I was about to take her hand and say, "It was love at first sight!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 579
You deserved it 5 811

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OhhxGoshhxAri 0

Well, she's marrying you, right?

Comments

dyingtolive77 0

dont give people grammer lessons. especially wrong ones.

Poet_Sin 0

#55's grammar is correct; it's the spelling that's wrong. Honestly, I don't think either of you should be correcting anybody, IMO. OP- I agree with what seems to be the majority. Who cares how it started? And I'm not even going to touch the subject of "love at first sight." It obviously turned out well; you're engaged!

I agree with everything #58 said. So, win.

You are engaged to her and you don't yet know what she felt like when she saw you first? You never asked her and waited to be embarrass yourself when someone else asked? YDI.

You know, I laughed at this because I think it's just funny. It's awkward and funny. I would've laughed so hard if I were you Oh, and her reply was wittier than yours :D

Steamrolled 0

Sorry to say that, no offense, but your Fiance acted like a bitch on that point. Maybe it was just her taste of humor or Manners issue. Though you need to search her inside world more.

Well she loves you now doesn't she? So why is it a problem that she maybe started it somewhat later then you did?

nikkiandyou 0

Well, you sound like a really awesome guy. and yeah, she was probably just making a joke, but either way, i still think it was great that you were going to say. and its not really a FML, more like a bad timing thing hopefully, you laughed it off with everyone instead of being mad or sad or something. :D

DollxFace 4

Her answer was so much cooler than what yours was going to be.

ppl fall in love at different passes get over it ppl

she was probably joking. and if it actually was a one night stand that brought you together, she obviously loves you now. emotions change. when i first hooked up with my now boyfriend it was instigated by someone who he was dating because she got mad he was flirting with and was clearly interested in me. i didnt think anything of it, just a hookup. he got my number, we talked for a while, he asked me out and now its been almost a year and ive never been happier in any other relationship. long story short OP: falling in love happens at the craziest weirdest moments. maybe when you saw her you knew you wanted to be with her, but she didnt. all that matters is you love each other now. good luck and enjoy the wedding!

Awww hahaha Well, think about it this way, doesn't that make it sort of "love at first... night"? Hah! No really, think... it COULD have just been a one night stand, but then you decided to keep going. Sounds like good lovin' to me. Of course, it could have been a joke. What woman would say that seriously? I mean, so many assumptions are made about girls who do that.... so, yeah, doubt she meant it.