By Irreverend - 23/07/2013 04:23 - United States - Mchenry

Today, one of my bosses said, "You're going to take this as an insult, but it's not. At a certain age, women are supposed to cut their hair short." I have long hair. My bosses have all of the social skills of the guys from Big Bang Theory. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 894
You deserved it 3 726

Irreverend tells us more.

I talk to customers on the phone. People wear shorts and printed t-shirts to work. Several people walk around without shoes - including one of the owners. I, on the other hand, tend to dress up a bit. Image isn't the issue. This is the same place where, over 20 years ago, I decided to wear a skirt one day and one of the owners commented "she does have legs!"

Top comments

You've put up with these people for over 20 years?! You have the patience of a saint. You must be awesome at customer service...

Forget them... I have hair that's thick & healthy & stops 4 inches from the back of my knee. They'd have to shave it off of my cold, dead head before I quit for some ridiculous social stereotype.

Comments

reymon8823 24

Damn huh that sucks you have to deal with bosses like that my old boss used to make us call him "The Greek God" so annoying had to leave that job real quick

I'm so jealous, wish I could wear what I wanted to work

Now that may depend on the job... but still, it's your hair...

RedPillSucks 31

You should get your hair cornrowed or get a rasta dreadlocks. He'll be begging you to go back to the long tresses

Aregonde 15
allisadawn91 8

No!! I think that short hair on older ladies looked horrid! I hate that so many don't keep their hair :( never cut it short!!

I didn't realize there was an age limit for long hair. I don't see why they should be commenting on your hair anyway. They do at my work, but it's a factory. You have to have long hair tied back. In a call center why should it matter?

you should inform him that how you style your hair is none of his business, and that he it's wrong to say otherwise.

Maybe he was trying to be nice? Maybe you have hair that is really thinned out and it looks bad from the back and you can't tell. They sound like they were trying to help.

My spouse says it looks great. In fact, I have very thick hair. When I recently had it braided at a Renaissance fair, the bride remarked on that.