By Irreverend - 23/07/2013 04:23 - United States - Mchenry

Today, one of my bosses said, "You're going to take this as an insult, but it's not. At a certain age, women are supposed to cut their hair short." I have long hair. My bosses have all of the social skills of the guys from Big Bang Theory. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 894
You deserved it 3 726

Irreverend tells us more.

I talk to customers on the phone. People wear shorts and printed t-shirts to work. Several people walk around without shoes - including one of the owners. I, on the other hand, tend to dress up a bit. Image isn't the issue. This is the same place where, over 20 years ago, I decided to wear a skirt one day and one of the owners commented "she does have legs!"

Top comments

You've put up with these people for over 20 years?! You have the patience of a saint. You must be awesome at customer service...

Forget them... I have hair that's thick & healthy & stops 4 inches from the back of my knee. They'd have to shave it off of my cold, dead head before I quit for some ridiculous social stereotype.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

If you are happy with what you look like then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

I talk to customers on the phone. People wear shorts and printed t-shirts to work. Several people walk around without shoes - including one of the owners. I, on the other hand, tend to dress up a bit. Image isn't the issue. This is the same place where, over 20 years ago, I decided to wear a skirt one day and one of the owners commented "she does have legs!"

You've put up with these people for over 20 years?! You have the patience of a saint. You must be awesome at customer service...

wear a neon green mohawk. that will wake them up

graceinsheepwear 33

Go to a party store and get a bald cap and wear that in to work one day under a hat.

not a saint - but I am transitioning to parish ministry ;-)

I agree with 37, if you can bare with these I bet you are really with customer service !

Cut your hair short and dye it in pink OP, this is gonna surprise our boss.

Years ago, I had my hair short. When I temporarily dyed it burgundy for a couple of weeks, he said "you're lucky I'm a liberal boss. "

RedPillSucks 31

Sport a Sinéad O'Connor the next day and dare him to say shit.

monnanon 13

your boss thinks he is liberal for allowing burgandy hair? haha he should meet my boss. we can have any hair colour we wish and those of us with tattoos and facial peircings (the three that do only have one piercing site on the face) can keep them in. we are receptionists and see customers all day. im my four years i have never had any complaints nor has any other staff member and we have an online rating system for the business where folks can leave comments on that exact thing. minefield i know) your boss appears to have a very large stick up his ass. dont let him dictate your appearance.

the rod up the bosses ass, has a rod up its ass.

It's the three signs of ageing, first women cut their hair short, then they start wearing ugly blouses and finally they make racist remarks in public. Personally I think it should be up to the individual woman what she does as she gets older but sadly it is the law.

I'm curious, are the people voting me down because they don't know that I'm joking or because it's a bad joke?

cause they are a bunch of self righteous uppity pricks. I got it. I voted it up because it was funny.

Tell that to my grandma. When she died at 85 she had beautiful waist-length, snow white hair.

My grandma just hit 70, shes got long blonde hair that goes at least to her waist in a braid. The braid is usually about as thick as my arm. Highfive for having awesome grandmas!

At the risk of being jumped on, there does come a time when a woman looks ridiculous with long hair. Every time I see an old biddy with flowing gray locks, I think, "You're too old for that. Accept your age and stop hanging on to your little girl hairstyle because it's NOT making you look younger. " You don't dress like a 13-year-old when you're 50; a 13-year-old's hairstyle isn't a good look for a 50-year-old, either.

I like long hair on all ages. If you can still grow it, let it flow.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Don't forget leonard, rajesh and howard

She said "guys," meaning either all 4 of them, or all 4 of them minus Leonard.

Holy_Schnikes 23

Raj can't talk to women so it isn't him.

He can when he's drunk! And he's a pretty smooth talker when he's drunk.

#60: in a recent episode, Raj discovered he can now talk to women without alcohol.

it could be raj, howard, the guy who owns the comic book store and sheldon

Holy_Schnikes 23

Forgive me for not seeing that yet.

Holy_Schnikes 23

I figured the boss wasn't showing up drunk. I would guess Sheldon anyways just because I see him as the only one that would say something like that.