By Irreverend - 23/07/2013 04:23 - United States - Mchenry

Today, one of my bosses said, "You're going to take this as an insult, but it's not. At a certain age, women are supposed to cut their hair short." I have long hair. My bosses have all of the social skills of the guys from Big Bang Theory. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 894
You deserved it 3 726

Irreverend tells us more.

I talk to customers on the phone. People wear shorts and printed t-shirts to work. Several people walk around without shoes - including one of the owners. I, on the other hand, tend to dress up a bit. Image isn't the issue. This is the same place where, over 20 years ago, I decided to wear a skirt one day and one of the owners commented "she does have legs!"

Top comments

You've put up with these people for over 20 years?! You have the patience of a saint. You must be awesome at customer service...

Forget them... I have hair that's thick & healthy & stops 4 inches from the back of my knee. They'd have to shave it off of my cold, dead head before I quit for some ridiculous social stereotype.

Comments

rightspark 7

File a sexual harassment suit like that girl did from a recent post

To the op I wonder how old do you have to be this "certain age' since I have had short hair for most of my life due to it tangling bad in the back of my hair and I'm 35 now and my hair is chin length in the front and really short in the back and my mom is 65 now but always had pixie haircut for all get life

I didn't ask him. I really just wanted him to drop it.

"John, I'm going to need you to eat a dick"

It's true that hair longer than shoulder length looks horrible on anyone other than a "girl". (And come on folks we all know there's an invisible line between a girl and a woman and a boy and a man). To see a 60 year old with long straggling gray hair is just a "Walmart" event and, to me at least is kind of a pathetic attempt to hang on to a youthful look. And it never works.

It only looks bad when it's not well-cared for. If it's well-cared for, it can look great at any age.

TcheQ 12

Be the Penny and kick their stupid asses

He clearly knew not to say that but said it anyway

That is the stupidest thing I heard today. Long hair makes mature and older women look much younger.

I wouldn't be surprised if your boss was Asian. Lots of old-school Asian women cut their hair when they are around 40, if not earlier.

I'd tell your boss, "Well, , I'm going to have to ask you to eat a dick."