By Irreverend - 23/07/2013 04:23 - United States - Mchenry

Today, one of my bosses said, "You're going to take this as an insult, but it's not. At a certain age, women are supposed to cut their hair short." I have long hair. My bosses have all of the social skills of the guys from Big Bang Theory. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 894
You deserved it 3 726

Irreverend tells us more.

I talk to customers on the phone. People wear shorts and printed t-shirts to work. Several people walk around without shoes - including one of the owners. I, on the other hand, tend to dress up a bit. Image isn't the issue. This is the same place where, over 20 years ago, I decided to wear a skirt one day and one of the owners commented "she does have legs!"

Top comments

You've put up with these people for over 20 years?! You have the patience of a saint. You must be awesome at customer service...

Forget them... I have hair that's thick & healthy & stops 4 inches from the back of my knee. They'd have to shave it off of my cold, dead head before I quit for some ridiculous social stereotype.

Comments

There's a name for people with short hair.. Men

friedbunnies 9

Used to be Pentecostal. Used to have hair past my knees (I'm 5'3"). Used to not give a **** what society said - made my own life and looked good doing it. Now my hair is barely past my shoulders and I look like everyone else. I thought I'd be one of those old ladies with freakishly long hair.

PonyTails13 3

that's insulting to the guys of the bbt. they'd at least appologize when you bring it to their attention it's not socially acceptable to point things like that out.

gatorgirl2669 6

um... ive watched a few episodes of that show... but wtf does that have to do with your hair?

Well you know what the Bible says: "The meek and awkward shall inherite the earth." Now is their time

who the **** made that rule? some stupid man no doubt. a woman can have long hair at any age. your boss is an idiot.