By Dracoboxer357 - 05/01/2013 16:00 - Canada

Today, my wife is pregnant and sick. She switches from sobbing she's sorry for that, to blaming me for "doing this to me." On top of that, I have half her symptoms now: throwing up and crying for no reason. This will be a long 9 months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 747
You deserved it 5 080

Dracoboxer357 tells us more.

48- It's called Couvade's syndrome, I looked it up when I started randomly throwing up in public before she did with our first child. It's also how we knew for sure we were pregnant with our second: I spontaneously puked out my truck window onto another car while driving through town. ;P I've gotten the whole roller coaster ride of emotions through two pregnancies already, I'm pretty sure it's just more of the same now. :)

Top comments

So since you have the same symptoms you're pregnant to?!:D Congratulations!

laughtersplay 14

On the bright side, by the end of those painful 9 months, you'll have a beautiful child :D Then the pain starts again from diaper duty and it's crying.

Comments

Just had our daughter. Trust me after she gives birth, all hostility will go

You have the same symptoms? Man up ya big pussy!

Obey_StudBoii 23

Congratulations. Make sure she doesn't get a disease called Hyperemesis Gravidarum. It's common In the 2nd trimester and is excessive uncontrollably vomiting. Good luck and God bless.

54- Actually, that's what put my wife in hospital the first time. :( We got her on some strong anti-nausea medication early this time to try to keep it under control, but it's only working so-so. Thank you for your concern though. :)

Obey_StudBoii 23

#58 Really? Keep an eye on that glad it's somewhat under control. It's nothing fun, I feel for her. My sister went through that and I don't mean to scare anyone, but she lost her baby at just 5 months. It was last year In July. The best thing to do is time the medications, ask questions. If you need anything else just ask :-) .

#75 So sorry to hear that your sister's baby died. You said that you didn't want to scare anyone, and I think you may inadvertently do that. Hyperemesis Gravidarum is actually quite rare. It most often starts in the first trimester and its linked with the changing hormones. You are correct in properly timed medications being very important in the management of the condition. I have not looked after anyone who lost their baby due to the condition, but I have looked after a woman who decided to have an abortion because her life was at risk. It was a very hard thing for her and her family.

Anybody else weirded out by how many replies the OP is giving?

No it's good that he's actually answering peoples' questions and shooting down the ones who are bitching. Why are you weirded out? I'm kind of weirded out by the fact that you're weirded out. It's weird.

56- Lol, I'm responding on overkill because 29 times out of 30, the Op never says a thing after the first post, and it's a little disheartening. I told myself if I ever got an FML accepted, I'd try to be interactive with the community to answer questions and clarify what I couldn't with only a 300 character limit. :) You find a Q & A session on a chat page weird? Hmm, weird....;)

Hahaha it's all good! I never thought it was bad, but I have been on FML for years and have only seen OP comment once or twice. Just thought it interesting. :)

laya_fml 26

Let's just hope your body doesn't produce a kidney stone to mirror the pain of birth.

The_F3rris 11

You must go through extreme sorrow and pain to bring a bundle of joy into the world. Cant have Yin without Yang.

She has to be miserable in parts of the pregnancy... Why shouldn't you? :)

Usually when pregnancy stories wind up on FML, I tend to assume the pregnancy warrants more of a "good luck, you're obviously going to need it" than a "congratulations!" But from your comments, OP, this sounds like a clear "congratulations!" in spite of the setbacks. I hope you and your wife feel better soon and that you'll be able to look back on this and laugh in the future!