By Dracoboxer357 - 05/01/2013 16:00 - Canada

Today, my wife is pregnant and sick. She switches from sobbing she's sorry for that, to blaming me for "doing this to me." On top of that, I have half her symptoms now: throwing up and crying for no reason. This will be a long 9 months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 747
You deserved it 5 080

Dracoboxer357 tells us more.

48- It's called Couvade's syndrome, I looked it up when I started randomly throwing up in public before she did with our first child. It's also how we knew for sure we were pregnant with our second: I spontaneously puked out my truck window onto another car while driving through town. ;P I've gotten the whole roller coaster ride of emotions through two pregnancies already, I'm pretty sure it's just more of the same now. :)

Top comments

So since you have the same symptoms you're pregnant to?!:D Congratulations!

laughtersplay 14

On the bright side, by the end of those painful 9 months, you'll have a beautiful child :D Then the pain starts again from diaper duty and it's crying.

Comments

perdix 29

Those symptoms don't occur at the moment of conception, so your sentence is really only about 6-7 months. It'll just feel like 100 months! Hope you don't get the leaky nipples. Looks like you've got a 50/50 chance of that.

Ok for blaming you for doing this you need to tell her to lay off the comedy's about pregnancy.

whatthebegerk 7
Epikouros 31

I'd love to see you fight him, tough guy.

Epikouros 31

Maybe you shouldn't be on a site that has the word 'life' in the name. Although I'm a non-breeder, I'd love to have a strong, caring husband like Dracoboxer.

Aww poor you :( stop being such a little bitch she's the one that has to carry the baby for the 9 months. I feel absolutely NO sympathy for you suck it up and be a man... YDI

I'm pretty sure she has it worse. I really don't like it when people complain about having to deal with women in general because of pregnancy, periods ect. when it's the women going through these things who have a far harder time. These women could benefit from those around them trying to be more understanding, instead of them complaining about "how hard it is to deal with women".

It IS hard for the partner as well. You think it would be easy to see your loved one behaving in this way and being unable to prevent it? Someone I live with family member died recently and she was incredibly snappy towards me; as much as I cared about her and felt sorry for her it still hurt and frustrated me being the emotional punch bag. Men DO have emotions and limits as well, y'know? So, cut the guy some slack. He's got a lot of hard work ahead of him as well.

96- *Tries to not let the tears let go again and kisses the pig.* Thank you, that was a nice thing to say. :')

Really this is HER FML. She's the one crying and throwing up.