By Dracoboxer357 - 05/01/2013 16:00 - Canada

Today, my wife is pregnant and sick. She switches from sobbing she's sorry for that, to blaming me for "doing this to me." On top of that, I have half her symptoms now: throwing up and crying for no reason. This will be a long 9 months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 747
You deserved it 5 080

Dracoboxer357 tells us more.

48- It's called Couvade's syndrome, I looked it up when I started randomly throwing up in public before she did with our first child. It's also how we knew for sure we were pregnant with our second: I spontaneously puked out my truck window onto another car while driving through town. ;P I've gotten the whole roller coaster ride of emotions through two pregnancies already, I'm pretty sure it's just more of the same now. :)

Top comments

So since you have the same symptoms you're pregnant to?!:D Congratulations!

laughtersplay 14

On the bright side, by the end of those painful 9 months, you'll have a beautiful child :D Then the pain starts again from diaper duty and it's crying.

Comments

I wanted to thank everyone for all the wonderfully supportive comments that were made to me on this posting. It was a very pleasant and heart warming experience to have so many well wishes and compliments directed towards me and my wife. I just wanted to say how much I appreciated it all. :) (Damnit, I might start seriously crying right now, this is horrible! Lol!) :)

OP, this situation is a definite FYL. But from the other comments that you have posted here, you sound like a very caring guy, and your wife is very fortunate to have you in her life (and I think that you are very glad to have her in your life as well). We should all be better off to act like you do. And with your attitude, your life will only get better. Here's to hoping that you will get through the next several months.

Aww, congratulations! Sorry about your symptoms though. Hopefully it'll be worth it in the end though. c:

awh, Sympathy :) Sounds like you're a very caring partner

tj5810 21

Buy her candy! I'm dead serious... You'd be amazed at the power of a .99 cent bag of gummy bears.

Wow, this way it really is a team effort. Good luck!

Gwyddone 29

Almost said something ugly, then I saw your answers :) you sound like a good husband, here, have my sympathy and some chocolate. Also there is some spicy peanuts, and grapes, and... :D so, hang on, and good luck for both of you!

Ahha well congrats with the baby :) but just wait once the baby comes u prob won't get a lot of sleep so umm injoy these moments? Haha don't worry it will be worth it :)

_VAL3NT1NA_ 6

Aweee thats just wonderful 