By Dracoboxer357 - 05/01/2013 16:00 - Canada

Today, my wife is pregnant and sick. She switches from sobbing she's sorry for that, to blaming me for "doing this to me." On top of that, I have half her symptoms now: throwing up and crying for no reason. This will be a long 9 months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 747
You deserved it 5 080

Dracoboxer357 tells us more.

48- It's called Couvade's syndrome, I looked it up when I started randomly throwing up in public before she did with our first child. It's also how we knew for sure we were pregnant with our second: I spontaneously puked out my truck window onto another car while driving through town. ;P I've gotten the whole roller coaster ride of emotions through two pregnancies already, I'm pretty sure it's just more of the same now. :)

Top comments

So since you have the same symptoms you're pregnant to?!:D Congratulations!

laughtersplay 14

On the bright side, by the end of those painful 9 months, you'll have a beautiful child :D Then the pain starts again from diaper duty and it's crying.

Comments

So since you have the same symptoms you're pregnant to?!:D Congratulations!

1- Lol, I guess I am! :D We do tell people We're pregnant, as it is a team effort for us. But thank you for the congrats! :)

No problem man.. You might wanna hope it comes out the bellybutton tho lol..

Oh god If a baby came out of your dick.(shivers)

"daddy, where is this gonna come out?" "if you're lucky, your bellybutton"

My friend told me that when he was little, he used to think that when a man and a woman had sex, he would put his penis in her belly button, and when she gave birth that the baby would come out of her belly button.

My friend told me that when he was little, he used to think that when a man and a woman had sex, he would put his penis in her belly button, and when she gave birth that the baby would come out of her belly button.

26 I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have a penis left... It would probably look something like Elmers gun when bugs would put his carot in his gun...

OP, they're called sympathy pains. There's nothing wrong, it's actually common :)

Congratulations on giving birth to a baby and an FML. (not saying the baby is an FML, you got one published)

89 Thats where my bellybutton comment came from.. So no, he wasn't the only one...

Well at least you can cope together. After 9 months is over it will be so worth it, Congrats OP!

94, drat. Now I feel like the slow one.

Glad to hear that, OP! Saw a comment of yours where you were talking about how much you're grateful for your younger siblings, you're sure to be a great father. Happy Nine Months!

#110 Don't worry, I didn't get it until after I saw the belly button comment, then the George Lopez reference, then going back to the belly button comment, thinking, and then chuckling.

*George Lopez voice* You're pregnant? Ta loco you're pregnant!

SailorSolaris 43

That sounds pretty normal. Chin up, buy her any cravings food she wants and think about the beautiful baby you will have soon :)

Unless its alcohol! Do not giver alcohol! Then your baby will end up like Snooki later on in life! Nobody wants that!

wlddog 14

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
courtneyann211 10

85- have you not heard of sympathy pains?! A lot of men actually do get some of the same symptoms that their pregnant wife has.

Who said anything about menstruation? Learn to read kthx!

85- "most men do not menstruate" - What the actual **** are you talking about?!

85- Please allow me to clarify a few things for you: When everyone was talking about my shared symptoms, these were the Emotional ones! I promise you, I do not possess the ability/equipment to menstruate, and even if I somehow had a uterus that Could, it still wouldn't be shared with my wife's cycles because pregnant woman don't menstruate when they're growing a child in there! ;( As far as sharing the hormonal mood swings being rare, it's not, not really. 1 in 5, I believe, so lucky me. :)

85- 'most men do not menstruate'. so some men do? OP congrats on your baby! i only recently discovered that men get sympathy symptoms, and now the petty cow in me is hoping my fiance gets them when we have kids. tee hee hee

wlddog 14

There is no way that is normal. If it was normal, MOST men would get sympathy pains. By definition, it is NOT normal.

laughtersplay 14

On the bright side, by the end of those painful 9 months, you'll have a beautiful child :D Then the pain starts again from diaper duty and it's crying.

But then it's only a pain in the ass rather than full-body pain, so not as bad.

Only 18 more years to go! Think of what a fine father/husband you'll be.

It's more like a long 18 years. The pain isn't over after 9 months, that when it begins

Oh, and those horrid teenage years, mainly for females though.

Authoress14 15

Just wait till the baby comes. FYL

Implying babies aren't ******* wonderful.

Authoress14 15

Implying babies require work, smartass

plenty of things in life require work: puppies, sex, sports, all of which are quite wonderful things, smartass

lol ive seen 4 comments now from authorres and they were all ******* stupid, irrational and mean and all thumbed down :') authorres just stop. nobody likes your comments :')

eric40962005 8

Dude her profile says it all I wouldnt put your dick in her

CharresBarkrey 15

64 - Everything in life requires work. Nothing is as satisfying and rewarding as babies, though.

Well, 77, she DOES say that she's beautiful so...

Apparently FML requires work. Brutal, but worth it.

4, you might think that your life is ****** by having a child but many think of it as a blessing. Congratulations op.

Authoress14 15

Wow u should all take the stick out of your ass'. Its called FML for a reason. Grow up and grow a pair

I believe the plural form of ass is asses*** sorry, I don't mean to interrupt, continue on your rant about how we should grow up and grow a pair I'm rather fascinated

hockeychicl003 6

Man up! You shouldn't be crying. Be there for your wife. Pregnancy is tough

5- Okay, I'll try not to, I will, it is. ;)

There's nothing wrong with crying, especially under stressful conditions. I think OP's doing the best he can.

Actually, I think what OP is experiencing is what doctors call "sympathy symptoms." It likely means that he's more sympathetic towards his pregnant wife than usual. You can't fault him fit being sympathetic to the point of illness.

onorexveritas 23

32- I totally agree. its a lot to take in especially if its their first child.

48- It's called Couvade's syndrome, I looked it up when I started randomly throwing up in public before she did with our first child. It's also how we knew for sure we were pregnant with our second: I spontaneously puked out my truck window onto another car while driving through town. ;P I've gotten the whole roller coaster ride of emotions through two pregnancies already, I'm pretty sure it's just more of the same now. :)

Hey OP, I remember you from the other fml. You're the guy who bought his wife flowers when you found out she was pregnant. Good on you :)

108- I posted this FML pretty much after I wrote about giving her the roses, as it occurred to me then that it might make a worthwhile story. :)

It seems I can't delete my comment, because nevermind: I found it. That's nice of you (:

53, that comment reminded me if the episode/movie (I don't remember which) of fairly oddparents where cosmo is pregnant and throwing up glittery green barf everywhere. Not entirely sure why, but I thought I'd share.

Coeliacchic93 21

You never know, you might end up with sympathy labour pains too. My mum had them when my aunt gave birth to her second child. At that point my mum hadn't had me yet so was confused why she felt that much pain and it suddenly stopped. She later found out it was the exact time my aunt gave birth :)

Hey, at least you don't have to have a kid.

6- Very true, I don't envy her that part at all. ;)

loserboii 11

Well he is going to have a kid, he just won't have to push the kid out. O how that would be painful.

Ah, at least he doesn't have to give birth. There we go. Pushing an 8-pound kid out of your ****** for 12 hours doesn't sound remotely enjoyable.

16- Our last two were c-sections, odds are pretty good this one will be too. (Not that I think being cut open across the abdomen is easy better, just saying.)

Go out, get her some chocolates and flowers, maybe pick up a movie (the notebook, women love the notebook I think) and go and make her day. Life will get better...trust me.

8- This our third time around, I did get her roses, I keep chocolate in the freezer and we own the Note Book. ;) Thanks for the tips though! :)

You sound like a real sweetheart. Keep up the good work!

Hey at least you don't have a kid to deal wi- ...

Apparently Draco popped out two kids before he could finish typing. Some people just do not have the knack for texting.

braun239 2

You have her symptoms? That little bitch shit bro

I take it you don't know the symbiotic effects men and women have on each other.

What does his small wife defecating have to do with it?

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.