By Anonymous - 28/06/2014 20:40 - United States - Oakland

Today, my soon to be mother-in-law sent out the invitations she made for my wedding. On them, it says "You are invited to this 'special' event". In the same way, I'm referred to as "special", and my name is misspelled. Hint taken, you bitch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 319
You deserved it 4 625

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Monster-in-law award goes to this one! Sorry op, she has some problems.

She seems 'special' in her own little ways, too.

Comments

These mother-in-law stories on FML make me want to get married in secret.

91hayek 31

Then you'd be running from your in-laws your whole life. You need to stand up to them at some point and show them that the wedding, and indeed your marriage, is you and your partners and no one else's. Better to do it earlier than try to do it later on.

If you can afford it I would recommend sending out a new round of your own invitations.It would make her look like the petty, controlling, self centered person she is. Better yet see if your parents will on your behalf since it's their privilege anyway.

Wedding invitations aren't generally something the groom and/or his family usually pay for.

91hayek 31

Better double check everything else you've put her in charge of. The wedding could just be one time bomb of spite waiting to go off.

She'll have to learn to live with you maybe she'll begin to like you it looks like a long shot though

Create new invites and DO NOT send her one. :)

One of my favorites words, for reasons of pronunciation and problem-solving abilities: ELOPE.

I think it's time to kill the bitch. Put Raid in her punch at the reception.

You mean "quotation marks," you didn't mean apostrophes

Perhaps if you knew the difference between an apostrophe and quotation marks...?