By Anonymous - 28/06/2014 20:40 - United States - Oakland

Today, my soon to be mother-in-law sent out the invitations she made for my wedding. On them, it says "You are invited to this 'special' event". In the same way, I'm referred to as "special", and my name is misspelled. Hint taken, you bitch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 318
You deserved it 4 625

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Monster-in-law award goes to this one! Sorry op, she has some problems.

She seems 'special' in her own little ways, too.

Comments

Mothers-in-law (I have no idea if that's the right way to say that) always suck, I'm surprised you could even trust her with invitations

91hayek 31

I was thinking the same thing - if their relationship is not that great why would OP let her be responsible for something like this? The only reason would be that she is paying for most of it if not all. In that case OP deserves it and should have not agreed to having him and his fiancee treated this way.

They don't always suck! My aunt and my cousins' wife get along fine when they visit (2 hr drive).

Well when you unscramble mother-in-law you know what you get.

Once the wedding is complete run far away! Dont mind her.Or you could send them out again apologising for the "mix up" in the last ones

Good idea but they're usually very expensive. Most people get really nice quality cards. It might be a pain in the ass to order more

When first reading this, the idea popped into my head that they should change their venue and send out new cards, but not send the new one to the mother in law. Then I realize how tremendous a pile of work that'd be, and that'd be much easier to just tell her they're changing venue. Best case scenario she falls for it and doesn't show up, middle case she's late, and looks like an ass, because she went to the wrong place, and worst case she catches on and makes the wedding worse than before. It's a gamble, but roughly 66% chance of effect.

#39 I like your thinking. But the math is incorrect because there isn't a way to ensure that all three scenarios probability are weighted the same.

OP should have at least had a look at the invitations before they were sent out. However, FYL.

skittycat213 19

Sounds like one hell of an ungrateful bitch. You're going to make her daughter the happiest girl on the planet for marrying her, and all she's doing is selfishly trying to ruin you and your fiancés special moment.

Good side is that everyone will have the proof of how bitchy she is to you. Sorry OP and good luck!

They're not "apostrophes," they're "quotation marks." Big difference there.

tayymeds 23

Just give her a "special" table at the wedding.

cryssycakesx3 22

if she's a robust woman tell her "we saved these three seats for you"

looks like your mother-in-law doesnt approve of you. you're not the first one and wont be the last one.... so dont let her ruin your wedding day. somethings are just not worth fighting for. fyl.