By ouch - 14/06/2012 11:26 - Australia - Collaroy

Today, my psychiatrist asked me if I felt bad about my weight. When I said no, he looked surprised and said, "Why not?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 999
You deserved it 5 025

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

he thinks weight is the problem asshole on the flip side it could help take your mind off the reason your seeing him.

MzVentura 9

Then they wonder why ppl have low self esteem!!

MrRager7 1

If you're happy in your own skin then forget what anybody else has to say. However if I were paying that much for someone to listen to me, bitch better not be calling me fat. Find a new therapist.

Part of me wanted to say you deserve it, because if he said that you must be WAYYYYY overwheight. But then I thought that maybe he's the kind of person who thinks any girl above 150lbs is too fat... Either way, it's super unprofessionnal of him! So FYL

I had something simular happening; my psych. asked me to name something about myself I thought was pretty or good, when I couldn't come up with something she said: "well,, i think your..." and then she was silent for about a minute.

Ok to be fair most women regardless of shape are not too particularly happy about their weight. He probably was just surprised the subject doesn't bother you when for most patients he has, it does.

If u like the way feel then so be it. How dare he tell u that u need to feel a certain way about yourself. Im not the skinniest person in the world but gosh he such an asshole for taking a potshot at yur weight... It is definitely time for a new psychiatrist.

Am i the only one who sees this as a simple question? And that, if you take offence to it and cannot answer it, then you have issues? Is this just me?

Y'know, it might not be a fat reference - he might genuinely be surprised that you don't have an issue with your weight because he probably treats a lot of patients who do.

Exactly. It seems to me the outraged comments are simply showing a problem to be addressed. If there was a simple reply to his question without defensiveness, it would prove a healthy body image. This rabid frothing about "how dare he" ... well ...