By failure - 22/09/2011 18:36 - United States

Today, my professor snapped and told me that I know nothing, that everything I've ever learned is wrong, and that all of my former teachers should be shot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 782
You deserved it 5 045

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MichellinMan 20

Tell him his mom should have had an abortion.

tylersign 11

Leave his class, so he is now a former teacher. That'll backfire on him.

Comments

Miscellaneous519 2

It's okay OP, I understand. I'm only a sophomore in college and I've already had run-ins with asshole professors. I think it's part of the gig; they think because they got a BA in some easy ass shit subject (like Classics or Philosophy) and managed to pull off getting a job (which, trust me, some college professors are as bad as high school teachers) makes them more intelligent.

I do believe that in order to teach in a college, or any higher education institution, you are required to have Ph.D and are required by contract to publish certain amount of books a year.

shrdlu 28

Depends on the college/university. The research universities generally require doctorates and a certain amount of publication. Community colleges might even consider a bachelor's sufficient for adjuncts.

You should report him To the faculty president !!!!! Get him fired or make him write a formal apology

Well...at least you weren't homeschooled...right?

obviousboy 8

To all the people who think the teacher was an asshole, I'm sure the poster did something stupid to provoke this reaction. Stupid people do exist, and this poster is most likely one of them. May the down votes commence.

GGimabeast 5

I read "Today, my professor Snape..."

sleepRX 16

Many of my philosophy professors spoke like this. We, FML readers, are reading this out of context. If I were you,OP, I wouldn't take it personally or feel bad, but rather see this as an interesting idea and build on the conversation.