By lauren_crewd - 23/11/2013 23:56 - United States - Sylacauga

Today, my parents grounded me for being "addicted" to drugs because I've been taking pain meds every four hours. I had my wisdom teeth taken out yesterday, and my face is badly swollen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 951
You deserved it 2 951

lauren_crewd tells us more.

This is the OP here, my parents are incredibly worried about me taking the medicine because two of my three brothers are recovering drug addicts. I was visiting a friend who called my brother to come pick me up because I kept falling asleep mid-conversation as a side-effect to the medication. My parents assumed I was abusing them because of their past experiences with my brothers. They're incredibly understanding about the pain, but they're just scared.

Top comments

What's with FMLs with such stupid ass parents lately? On a side note, your parents are assholes, OP. They should know your condition. You're obviously taking them for a good purpose in a non-addictive way.

Coeliacchic93 21

just because your brother's are recovering drug addicts doesn't mean you will be. I understand and acknowledge that in some cases substance abuse can run in families but it's just not always the case. there are drug addicts in my family but I'm only taking my medication prescribed for my chronic iillnesses so I do know what I am talking about good luck OP and I hope your pain eases soon!

Comments

And dont drink out of a straw or do any "sucking" at all. Ot will cause a dry socket... Or so they say.

Ow. When I had mine out my lower jaw was a bruised mess for a while. All four, mostly coming in sideways, one was actually trying to knock out my other molar, apparently they had to basically shatter the things to get them out. The worst part for me wasn't so much the pain as the swelling and the whole not being able to open your mouth thing. Even when the painkillers work, the stiffness in the jaw and chipmunk cheeks means soup, smoothies, drinkable food is best. Nothing that required more than cracking open the lips and pouring for days. Warning:make sure you get fiber during this time. Liquid diet and lots of fruit juice stuff or artificial sweeteners? Not good. Fiber. Trust me.

everyone knows it's butters, that's you.

PATRIOTS8711 2

I got mine taken out this morning

At least OP doesnt have 5 wisdom teeth. I only have 3 left and they arent a bother... My mom had 8. And it does happen. Oddly enough the last dentist i went to disnt believe me until he looked at my dental record... 2 wisdom teeth removed, 3 remain. The docket says.

How would 8 wisdom teeth even fit in the mouth? I'm lucky, I didn't have enough room in my mouth so only 3 of mine actually formed. So far I've had to get one pulled because it came in sideways and got infected. Let me tell you, infections hurt WAY worse than getting them pulled. I'm thinking about getting the other 2 pulled as a preventative measure even though they don't bug me right now.

Coeliacchic93 21

some of my teeth are in the wrong order and I've had 3 sets of teeth not two! it's weird, most of my first set crumbled and had to get removed when I was 5

emmydafox 16

Good to hear your parents are concerned for your safety, OP. Have a fast recovery.

shihtzupup98 3

just scream and howl in pain and fury until they allow you to have them back.

Didn't the doctors tell your parents about the pain medication and what they're used for? Why does every FML have dumb parents?

Danielt104 6

Wow. When I got my wisdoms out my mom made sure I was ****** up the whole time hahahahahha

you are addicted to not being in excruciating pain, just like the rest of humanity.