By lauren_crewd - 23/11/2013 23:56 - United States - Sylacauga

Today, my parents grounded me for being "addicted" to drugs because I've been taking pain meds every four hours. I had my wisdom teeth taken out yesterday, and my face is badly swollen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 951
You deserved it 2 951

lauren_crewd tells us more.

This is the OP here, my parents are incredibly worried about me taking the medicine because two of my three brothers are recovering drug addicts. I was visiting a friend who called my brother to come pick me up because I kept falling asleep mid-conversation as a side-effect to the medication. My parents assumed I was abusing them because of their past experiences with my brothers. They're incredibly understanding about the pain, but they're just scared.

Top comments

What's with FMLs with such stupid ass parents lately? On a side note, your parents are assholes, OP. They should know your condition. You're obviously taking them for a good purpose in a non-addictive way.

Coeliacchic93 21

just because your brother's are recovering drug addicts doesn't mean you will be. I understand and acknowledge that in some cases substance abuse can run in families but it's just not always the case. there are drug addicts in my family but I'm only taking my medication prescribed for my chronic iillnesses so I do know what I am talking about good luck OP and I hope your pain eases soon!

Comments

Sitting_Ducki 8

Sounds like my parents when I'm bent over in pain for reasons it's not good enough to go to the hospital.

Come on, can people really be that STOOPID, just sayin'

You can only get addicted to drugs if you don't have the will power to stop taking them.

Will power may have a lot to do with quitting an addiction, but getting addicted is a completely different story. Some people don't even realize they are getting trapped in their addiction, so it's best not to try something thinking you have the "will power."

Well i guess I've never been addicted then... Other than cigarettes and sex, buts who's counting? Lol

KB616 11

You're horribly misinformed. Do some research.

I had 2 wisdom teeth removed and paid for by my insurance. My doctor was probably the nicest person I have ever met because he pulled the other 2 out pro bono while I was under and then told my father. I was so happy on the way home about such a nice person, I'm told, that I cried myself to sleep in the car. I, of course, don't remember this for my life. After the first night the pain subsided and I didn't take anymore of the pills. I hate taking heavy drugs like that simply for the addiction levels and I avoid it like the plague. I spent a week eating mashed potatoes with bacon bits and sometimes cheese then flushing my mouth with water. Best week ever.

All I'm saying, is that I didn't take 'em in bootcamp... Junkie.

How exactly does taking meds for pain after oral work make a person a junkie?

That would suck. I could only take two a day when they took mine out. I had 600 milligram per pill of hydrocodine

600 mg of hydrocodone? Its impossible. They have 5/500, 5/325, 7,5/325 10/500 and 10/325. Do you mean 600 mg of ibuprofen?

Maybe it was a Tylenol with codeine? But no, the only 600 I know of is ibu...

Well as long as you can keep taking your pain meds, who's cares if they ground you. Let the "addiction" begin.

KB616 11

And may the odds be ever in your favor...

My parents were the exact same way! They made me stop taking them after only 24 hours because they thought I'd get addicted.

I had my 4 wisdome taken out at once in surgery when i was young , eat cold fluids like ice cream n jello n frozen yogurt only , in 2 weeks u be better like beforee