By mandy - 01/08/2009 01:51 - Australia

Today, my mum deleted my college research assignment on rape because the subject was too vulgar. I had worked on it for the past month and it was worth 50% of my grade. It's due tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 337
You deserved it 4 581

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TulipLuver 0

That is terrible! I actually think it is great that you wrote your paper on that. It is something that affects people. Believe me. I know.

m3l_fml 0

Your mom must be those strong religious people that believe rape and murder never occurs. Tell her to get out of her shell.

Comments

m3l_fml 0

Your mom must be those strong religious people that believe rape and murder never occurs. Tell her to get out of her shell.

Don't just have your mom tell your professor what she did. Have your mom talk to your professor in person so she realizes the force of her stupidity.

Take it from me--Mom's NEVER admit to their mistakes. They always play the innocent victim card, no matter how much trouble they'd actually caused.

you're right, #18. moms never want to admit their mistakes. it's aggravating.

sugar_bear 0

@18 and 68, whenever my mom does or says something that I think is wrong I talk to her about it, and if she is wrong then she apologizes or fixes it. Don't assume all moms "play the innocent victim card" just because your mothers do.

160- actually all moms are bitches and never admit their ******* mistakes. Never. They'll play the victim and blame it on how you didnt save it on a super secret back up drive.

delfinofrank 0

I email major assignments like that to my gmail account since it has like unlimited storage. And I can edit my stuff using Google documents on any computer. You should start doing that too.

yeah, I save all my assignments in googledocs and on my flash drive just to be safe =)

simplyn2deep 2

wow that's horrible! makes me glad school research papers were the ONLY thing I talked to my parents about when it came to school. I hope you were able to recover all or most of it...and that you were able to ask for an extension on the assignment and explain what happened

hmm. "deleted" these days usually means "send to trash folder". Unless you've got one of those rare parents who actually know computers like the back of their hand.

Some people set up their computers so that instead of going to the recycle bin, the file just gets deleted.

Yeah, I bet it's still in the recycle bin / trash folder.

Cacto 0

Since you can't use apostrophes, it probably isn't that important.

Well, if I were to try my hand at being a nit-picker, I'd say that the word 'insolent' is probably better suited here than 'ignorant', as the latter means lacking knowledge, which Cacto is not (rather the opposite). The word 'insolent', on the other hand, means disrespectful, which seems more fitting here. How insolent of me.

generalsmith2 0

wafflerake, you talk like someone who in person would be socially handicapped.

I, like most people, write in a different way to how I speak.

While that sucks a great deal, I can't believe that you didn't save such an important file in more than one place. If I'm working on a big project, I periodically will save it to different drives as well as e-mailing it to myself. Paranoid? Sure, most likely. But at least the files don't get lost forever, and they're safe from the gelato aliens who are out to get me.

Damn I hope this was from today. Google "FreeUndelete" quick! You might be able to still get it back!