By arrowtopatella - 24/12/2011 05:15 - Australia

Today, my mother was watching me play Pokémon. She walked over to the TV and pulled the plug before ranting about how shameful it is that her 17 year old daughter plays Pokémon. She then sat down at the computer and started playing Farmville. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 459
You deserved it 5 974

arrowtopatella tells us more.

Hey guys, I'm the OP of this FML. I was playing XD- Gale of Darkness, one of my favourites. Alas there is no 'elite 4' as such in the Orre region, I was in the middle of catching a rare Wooper at a PokeSpot which I could have traded for an awesome Larvitar. Sigh. Rich world problems, I know. And yes, shock horror, I am a female that plays Pokemon, le gasp. And also I do play old-school Mario and stuff, I've been a Nintendo fangirl ever since I was little, occasionally migrating to other consoles to play things like Skyrim (No CoD for me though, thank you very much. Blegh.)

Top comments

Unplug the router while she's harvesting.

17 year old girl playing Pokemon? Marry me.

Comments

You should be ashamed of yourself. Digimon is obviously better. Flame war start here. _ l V

Namerkp2 8

Nah this is too far down to start a flame war, most FML users are too lazy to read down here... also Digimon is a cheap ripoff!

I know how you feel. I'm 16 and my mother does the exact same thing.

I'm 16 and I love Pokemon! There's no shame, it's fun.

99, I agree Pokemon stays fun no matter what, it's a great RPG, I still play Pokemon and I am 21 :3 ^.^

My 17 yr old bf still plays Pokemon so it's not just u

FYLDeep 25

Well last game I played was Arkham Asylum, and that's based off of the Batman comics/animated series. So I guess I was sort of reliving something from when I was little.

ladybug656 0

I am 19, loved Pokemon since the Pokemon yellow version came out in 1998. That's 13 years of playing generation after generation? You just need a better connection with your mom because mine has bought me the 3DS to continue to catch them all in Pokemon black and white. Can't believe there are 600+ now! Have almost all of them though ;)